de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Source code
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:41 am 
Shy
I have used tried this program a couple of times time, and it seems to be a very worthy replacement to CM.

As is usually the case with me, the user side used it one to many times, and now the hacker side wants a go at it. As such I would like access to the source code.

Profile Send private message 

Re: Source code
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:18 pm 
Site Admin
Hello

I'll send you a message with the current source code.

What about cm-clone ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:38 pm 
Veteran
Just a view from an 'outsider' who's a user first and foremost.

IMO, SexScripts is fantastic and is fast surpassing CM in terms of flexibility already. It's not as easy to code for, but it makes up for this in using a 'real' scripting language that means not having to learn a single-use one (i.e. spending years learning to script in a code that only works with a program that gets discontinued!).

The thing CM did better (currently), IMO, was being a 'virtual Mistress/Master'. The menu system with choices to ask permissions, confess things, get punishments, see your Mistress/Master's mood, etc. was all really cool, and something that doesn't (yet) translate easily to SexScripts, which seems better designed to handle the equivalent of CM's 'routines'. While this is actually the main reason I used CM (one-shot scenarios rather than as a 24/7 virtual dominant, which was the original intent of the program), I know several folks who liked that aspect a lot.

If anybody else is really keen to make a CM replacement besides SexScripts, my humble request and suggestion would be to focus on the 'virtual dominant' side of things, and leave the 'scenario script' type of thing more to SS, which it already handles pretty well (aside from the whole 'difficult to handle block scripting' issue that so many CM writers are used to).

It would be a sad waste of time if several people were working on multiple, different 'competing' programs (especially since these are all, and IMO should be, free software anyway) when they could be all pooling their resources and skills into making one *really* good program together.

I think CM set the bar for the whole 'virtual dominant' concept (over predecessors like PCM, etc.) and there is definitely a case to be made for an even better successor to that crown, be it SS or another program.

But for creating 'standalone' routines/scripts/games/teases, I think SS is fantastic and I can't wait to see how it continues to develop, and would encourage anyone with ideas and talent to contact Doti and look at working together with him on this.

Just my two cents, from someone who just uses these programs, occasionally writes for them, and who's seen the 'problems' of CM and other programs in the past. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:17 pm 
Shy
How/where can I get the source code, or is it supposed to be a closed source project?

Thank you for the info.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:32 pm 
Site Admin
There's no public repository. I'll send you the source code if you want, in a PM.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:03 pm 
Shy
That would be great, thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:49 am 
Hi doti!

I have some ideas in mind, and I would really appreciate it if you can hand me SexScripts source code, thanks pal!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:33 pm 
Site Admin
Note to everybody : releasing the source code in a standard manner is not excluded, here are the current problems :
- source code is not in a very good shape now
- it'll be easier to create some attacks from scripts
- it's more difficult to manage for me
Of course the main reason is : if someone know how to program, we need some more scripts, not some modifications

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:11 pm 
Shy
I can't figure out how to PM, so I guess I'll ask here... can I have a copy of the SexScripts source code, please?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:41 pm 
Newcomer
Hi,

Could I get a copy of the source code, please?

I make it a point to have a backup of all the open source projects that I use.

Cheers,
Vagabond

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:15 am 
Newcomer
Hi,

I'm hoping to get a copy of the android source code (and ideally the java app).

We are trying to add some extra features and modularise DisciplineClinic to make it a bit more manageable and are bumping into a few issues - I was hoping to be able to debug in situ so we can try and fix them.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:43 pm 
Site Admin
The Android app is not open (for now). Sending you the desktop app source code.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:49 pm 
Shy
Is it possible to have a copy of source code (desktop app)?
I want to try to expand the possibility to interface with external devices, obviously if something interesting pops up i will share :)

Thank you so much

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:45 pm 
Site Admin
You can find it here from now on

https://gitlab.com/dotidn/desktop-app