de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Re: the Edger
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:06 pm 
Regular
Hi, great script! Played several rounds and had a lot of fun with it.
One small remark however: Many of my pics are on the server now (some 30 minutes ago there were 10), but several are doubles: 2 are on it twice, one even 3 times. So, actually only 6 pics are on the server ;) Why is this? Had a look in the code and it looks like pics that are sent, are marked (0 in PicCodeB)? I certainly have enough other pics in the captured folder.
Thanks for the great work!

Profile Send private message 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:15 pm 
Veteran
Thanks for the feedback! I have looked into the issues you reported, but can't exactly reproduce the problems. It may be related to 'penalty' pictures for starting a session and then chickening out. I have made some changes in a new version, which I will post as soon as I have tested it (probably tomorrow).
WARNING technical stuff
There were a couple of places where pictures were uploaded but not deleted from data properties, although the CodeB values were set to 0. It shouldn't matter, but I have put it right. Could you have been using the script with non-standard values? Pictures are generally stored in images/captured, but the script should cope with different locations (within the SexScripts base folder). Have you been using saved pictures rather than captured ones? The script tries to exclude multiple copies of the same file, but I can't guaranteed it. Please get back to me if the new version (v1.3) still doesn't work.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:31 pm 
Regular
Hi, no, I only used captured images and didn't hack anything - yet :) .

I saw duplicates from other users also, so it seems it's not only happening to me.

There were some penalty pics uploaded as I played the script a couple of times with the option"No, I will cum later", and apparently not cumming is regarded as failing. Harsh :o

I'll try the new version when I get some time to play :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:52 pm 
Veteran
Thanks for the extra info. The Edger isn't necessarily fair, but it wasn't meant to give penalties for not cumming. I have put it right. You shouldn't get as many penalties (only for giving up before the end). I think that may have been the source of the repeat pictures. I checked most of the pictures on the system, and they all had different filenames, but they can be affected at the server end. It may take some time for pictures to be replaced on the server. I hope this is solved when v1.4 is uploaded (soon).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:30 pm 
Regular
Have been playing around with the new version. Didn't get any doubles from myself anymore. I did see several (new) doubles from other guys, but they could still be on an old version.

One minor problem in theEdger-watch: after uploading a pic (..paying the price) the number of pics is incremented, even if there where already 50 pics on the server and the new pic replaces another one. So then the number of pics becomes 51, though there still are only 50 pics.

Another remaining problem is that sometimes pics are referenced that do not exist on the server. At the moment pics 3 & 21 have PicCodeP=null, but they are not 0 in the PicCodeQ variable. Maybe something to look at for a next version.

So, nothing major, still love playing this script. Thanks for the great work!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:58 am 
Veteran
Thanks for the feedback. I know there are issues with how the number of pictures is counted. I have tried to fix it, but not quite got it right. As for the duplicate pictures, they might be from players that are not playing by the rules, or simply that the pictures the script takes can be very similar. Missing pictures are possibly a server issue, After a certain time, pictures are compressed to save space. I'm not sure if that's the cause, but it pictures get lost in several of the scripts I have looked at.
I will try and fix these issues in the next version, but I'm not sure when. Any more comments are welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:25 pm 
Regular
Had a look at the code of theEdger-watch. I think the counting of pics is correct. You only need to change the position of "NumberPics++" when uploading the new pic: it should only be executed when there is a free slot.

The duplicates I'm seeing are really identical, not similar; I compared with the stored pics. The number seems to be going down. I guess more people are playing with the new version.

Missing pics: pics 3, 8, 23 en 47 are null now for several days. If I may suggest a possible solution: each time the script gets a PicCodeP=null, decrement PicCodeQ. That way these pics will be removed quicker, instead of having to wait for a random replacement.

Just suggestions if you make a new version, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:00 pm 
Veteran
Many thanks for all your work wading through my messy code! I will definitely add your suggestions to the list of things to do.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:41 am 
Veteran
Version 2.0 is now available!

This is a fairly major rewrite, so I may have introduced some new errors. Sorry! If you tell me what is going wrong, I will try to correct it. Any other comments are welcome.

Changes
The script is much more flexible. You can customise what toys you use, and what you do with them. There is a file called
    scripts/theEdger/theEdger-go-other.txt (active wanking phases)
and
    scripts/theEdger/theEdger-stop-other.txt (rest phases)
that you can edit and add more toys. The instructions about editing are in
    scripts/theEdger/theEdger-file-editing.txt
You also have more control over the picture you see during the script. There is a new option to see the pictures of you playing as theEdger takes them. the other option allows you to choose any pictures you like. All you have to do is put them in the folder
    images/theEdger/user
The .jpg, .jpeg,. png or gif. files in the folder will be chosen at random during the script. There is more information in
    images/theEdger/user/theEdger-user-pictures.txt
The web gallery has been streamlined. I copied across all the information from the old gallery a few minutes ago. The old gallery will still work with the old version of the script, but that is not guaranteed to continue indefinitely. Only the old gallery will be updated with version 2.0. The advantage is the the number of server calls has been drastically reduced, and that makes the script faster.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:32 pm 
Newcomer
It seems like there are some files missing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:02 am 
Veteran
I have looked into this, and I presume the files are sound flies. If this is not right, it would be helpful if you said which files are missing. Sound files are included in previous versions of the script, so anyone who downloaded previous versions should be OK. I have updated the download, and this will be version 2.1.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:46 am 
Newcomer
it seems like the script doesnt work on smartphones anymore.

you cant see pictures of others and also you cant play.

it doesnt matter what picture u take it says "thats not you.."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:24 pm 
Veteran
I will look into the android issues, but there's no way to debug scripts actually using android. It may take some time. In the mean time, earlier versions should still work.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:16 am 
Shy
Hi, the file-missing issue happens to me too. I’ve lost several text files including that editing instruction, and go-basic, stop basic, etc. Is it because of the device i’m using? (I’m using a desktop, windows10, with java8) it shouldn’t be missing for it’s newly added? Right?
I tried downloading several time and the issue exist all the time
And I wonder if there is any older version available, thx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:42 am 
Veteran
Thank you for telling me about this. I'm sorry about the missing files. It was my mix-up when loading the latest version. I have corrected it now. The latest version is v2.2.