de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Write scripts without programming
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:32 pm 
It seems that the other thread has crashed. Please doti, delete it.

I've developed a tool to easily write scripts in a very few mouse clicks without any need of programming. If it is hard for you to write scripts because you're not into programming, this tool can come handy to you. You can find it in the following link:

Attachment:
ssScriptMakerSetUp.zip [721.9 KiB]
Downloaded 3765 times

version = v0.74

It's still a beta version so it may contain bugs. If you find one, please let me know in this thread.

If you try the tool any feedback you report will be very useful!

Last edited by wololo on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Send private message 

Re: Write scripts without programming
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:37 am 
Site Admin
Interface is nice ; images are no more missing.

I'm sorry, but the next release of SS will have 4 changes on names of standard data (yes, this should never happen) : "clothes.tights" and "toys.clothpins disappears", "clothes.stockings" and "toys.clothespins" are created (you may also have missed "toys.dog_collar").

May I propose that you put a default (permissive) licence. Most user don't care, thinking that if they do not put a licence, there will be a common worldly rule (this is not the case) or it will be free and free (this is also not the case). A bunch of scripts with no licence or copyright notice whatsoever is a stupid problem right now for the old pcm or cm scripts. Perhaps the same as in ss editor, cc-by-nc ?

I could see that screated script are clean and correct.

Resources list : perhaps, as you save this information, we should find a mean to publish with more ease (ssm adding in a special comment somewhere the static list of resources when exporting to groovy) ?

Documentation - groovy : ^^ does not exists. I do not think "Arrays" are worthwhile.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:27 am 
I uploaded a new version and updated the link. The following changes have been made:

-Missing dog collar added to the toy list

-Default license for new scripts now is cc-by-nc

-Documentation updated to advice user to license his/her scripts.

-New comment added when exporting scripts with all the script resources paths in relative to SexScript Folder (doti if you prefer it to be in other place or other format just tell me ;))

-Documentation about groovy bug (operator ^^ does not exist in groovy) fixed

-Array section removed from groovy documentation

-List section modified in the groovy documentation

-Some grammar errors in groovy documentation fixed

Thanks for the feedback doti, very helpful!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:05 pm 
Shy
First off, I'd like to say that this tool is fantastic and I hope more people use it.
I do understand that it is still in beta, so below I listed a couple of problems that popped up when making my scripts.

-Add ability to create variable with no value (Maybe in Resources Tab or inside the set variable properties)
-Setting time as a variable is missing 1 end parentheses (I don't know if that is in all of the other time buttons)
-Attracted is misspelled in "If slave is atracted to men/women" button

These aren't really bugs, but it'd be neat to see them in the program later if it's not too difficult to do.

-Instead of using $[var] in your script to display a variable, maybe make a button that will add it for your message
-Show a thumbnail of the image when shown in the script and/or in the resources block
-Ability to select and add multiple pictures at once to resources

Once again wololo, you've done a fantastic job. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:00 am 
Lot of thanks for the feedback ygroy! It's been very helpful!

I'll try to correct that bugs and implement these features in my next release. Only one thing to say, about creating a variable with no value. I didn't pretend the variables to have the need of being declared before inputing them a value. When you need some variables in your script just use them. Of course you will need the variables to already contain a value before using it in a command, because other way makes no sense.

But if you really have the need of declaring variables somewhere (eg at the beginning of the script) just input them any value (for example a numeric 0), and ignore they have been initialized with that value. There's no problem if you want later to input into them values of some other types.

If you want to input the null special value into a variable then you're right, this feature is still missing. Despite of this, you can do that by inputting null into a variable like it was a normal numeric value.

By the way, scripts in groovy are thought to take their memory needs on the fly, that is declaring variables where you need them instead of declaring all them at the beggining of your script. This usually drives into easier script writing.

But about all other features seem great, Thanks for your feedback again!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:06 am 
Shy
Oops. I completely overlooked that. Thanks for the help :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:05 pm 
Site Admin
This topic is now sticky.

Wololo, to host your script on this server, you can simply attach it to a message (or response). Let me know if it does not work (forbiden extension, etc.). As I know, it'll show you download count, and you may delete it later.

SexScripts publish function is now understanding "* Resource" extract from script, simplifying publication.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:03 pm 
Ok, new version, this time I hosted the tool in doti's server by attaching it on the first topic of this thread.

The following changes has been made:

- Updated the clothes and toy lists to contain clothespins and stockings instead of clothpins and tights
- Misspelling fixed in the button "If slave is attracted to men/women"
- Missing end parentheses added when setting time into a variable.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:36 pm 
Veteran
Wow, just ran this for the first time and it looks AWESOME! It's like "GameMaker" for perverts! 8-)

Love the interface, and if this is just the beta... wow, it's going to make a BIG difference to how folks can quickly and easily write routines/scripts!

While SexScripts feels much more powerful than - say - CM or PCM, it sadly isn't as "intuitive" to script for (at least IMO)... and that can't be helped other than not using Groovy, I assume!!! This isn't a flaw, just something a "words" person like me (opposed to, I assume, a "numbers person" or "programmer" sees when looking at code) finds when scripting.

A tool like this will be *very* helpful for newcomers especially, who feel daunted looking at SS scripts which to the naked eye look like "real programming code" (rather than CMs scripts were fairly easy to decipher for non-coders).

First mission of 2012? I am *so* going to make a basic but complete session script using just this program alone, to see how fast and capable that is! I'm loving what I've seen just playing around for a few minutes here (and this is from someone who - scripting for CM - never used the 'script tools' and *much* preferred to hand-code with notepad because I found it faster and easier). Thanks heaps for making this, and here's to more features as SS gets more too!

Quick question for you, Wololo: can we use/add "getSelectedValue" inputs with this program? If not, can/will it be added? Pretty please? They're my favorite scripting feature of SS (and one of my all-time wishlist things for CM that never happened)! For what I'm talking about: http://ss.deviatenow.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=128; see near the bottom of the thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:10 pm 
First of all thank you for your feedback and compliment Banjo!!

I really based this software on gamemaker cause I loved that program when I was a non programmer.

Secondly, I apologise for having that tool so slowly updated, but I recently entered into a big project at my job and it is really time-consuming, and with that and christmas I have not been able to do snything for ss. But when I have some spare time, I will dedicate it to do some stuff.

For your suggestion I think as you, the feature implementing getSelectedValue should be as a basic command because it is very useful, and in fact it will be in the next release of ssScriptMaker, very easily to use without commiting any mistakes. Until I am able to upload the next release you can use a simple function that simply calls getSelectedValue from ss api in groovy. I upload it in a smfl file, just import it to your script using the 'import functins' option from the menu. I upload an example of using of this function for more clarity on its use.

I know its bit workaround solution, but in the next release will be the feature totally implemented, sorry for that.

Attachment:
getSelected.zip [936 Bytes]
Downloaded 1570 times

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:14 pm 
Regular
Wololo,
Thank you for your script writing tool I am not a programer but your tool allowed me to write a script. Everything worked fine, the script saved as it was supposed to and when I exported it, I got the message that it had exported fine.
The problem came when I tried to run the script. I got a message page that started: Error org.codehaus.groovy.control.multiple compilation Errors: Start up failed:
General error during parsing: Did not find four digit hex charachter code line 55 col26
This was followed with a page full of other error messages.
Any idea what I am doing wrong or what to do to fix problem?
Thank you, krispin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:36 pm 
Site Admin
Hello

Can you post here (or send to me or Wololo) the generated script (.groovy file) ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:06 am 
Regular
Yes, I will post the script. Thanks for any help you can give.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:30 am 
Regular
I have uploades a zip file, including resources. Thanks for your help and advice.

Attachments:
Mistress Fhiona.zip [403.19 KiB]
Downloaded 1723 times

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:48 pm 
Shy
Great tool, got me putting together my first script for sexscripts, until now I've just been editing existing ones. Would really love to see the ability to copy/paste and reorder script blocks.