de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Zap-Edge-Strip
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:03 am 
Veteran
This is a lighthearted board game with forfeits. It is fairly self-explanatory, but if you have questions or comments, please add to this topic. This is the first version: there may be bugs!

I have used unicode dice characters, and I'm not sure how they might work on some systems. Please tell me if you get unprintable characters. If you have your own sound files for estim, you can replace the ones in sounds/ZapEdgeStrip/. They should be mp3 files.

Profile Send private message 

Re: Zap-Edge-Strip
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:26 am 
Addict
I was supposed to get 24 seconds of shocks but a minute later and I'm seeing it frozen saying this:

**@|*!!*

Not sure what that means, it shows the little speaker in the corner like it's playing a file but it doesn't go away or actually play sound. It didn't freeze when I pressed test before playing. Gave it a second test, was supposed to have 9.6 seconds of shocks and it froze again there too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:17 pm 
Shy
Worked great for me, the only problem I had was that the first few times I tried to play I rolled onto the first "go back" square and instantly lost. I would love to have the ability to bargain to stay in the game like "go back or increase the intensity by 1 and also receive a shock" so that you can hang into the game at the expense of a severe forfeit? Or maybe to avoid it on the later squares just adding that to the losing square, means that if you have a bad start the rest of the board is much worse! :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:01 am 
Veteran
Thanks for the feedback. I will try and implement the increase in zap factor for losing, but I think it will only work for the next game if you don't reload the script.

I can't understand the audio problem. I occasionally have problems, but it often turns out to be that I haven't plugged the cables in properly. Once I had an issue with using different audio controllers, specifically asio4all. Can you say whether other audio estim scripts work for you? Does BuzzQuiz work? I copied much of the estim coding from that script.

I have also found a slight bug. If you complete the game, and are crazy enough to want to go again straight away, it doesn't reset to the start properly. It's OK if you reload the script, but I will try to get another version done soon.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:32 pm 
Addict
Quote:
I can't understand the audio problem. I occasionally have problems, but it often turns out to be that I haven't plugged the cables in properly. Once I had an issue with using different audio controllers, specifically asio4all. Can you say whether other audio estim scripts work for you? Does BuzzQuiz work? I copied much of the estim coding from that script.

The other audio estim scripts work for me. It turns out I was trying to use a different set of MP3s this time and it must have been a different encoding than Sexscripts could handle and it halts the script.

I ran into two other problems - I'm not sure what device you use but your estim files contain bass and low frequencies aren't handled by estim well. Whichever device you are using must be converting that to a different frequency and many of the other ones aren't really felt. So maybe 3 of the files can be felt. I've basically swapped in a different pain file ..and this brings me to the next thing.
I'm not really understanding the idea behind hooking up estim and then trying to stroke while wearing it, so I'm basically reprogramming the stroke sequence to play a few short pleasurable estim files. I haven't decided if I just play 3 random pleasurable 20 second estim files back to back and then continue, or if I have a button to click on once reaching the edge. I personally can't stroke to a red and black flashing word saying 'stroke' and actually reach an edge, but for estim I can, but I'm not trying to juggle around CR loops or being careful not to tear off TENS pads.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:51 am 
Veteran
I have updated the script. Now the zap factor increases if you lose (or even win) and play repeated games without closing the script. Instead of always choosing edge when you run out of clothes, the script now makes a random choice.

The point of allowing for alternative audio files is that they don't all work the same. I thought that a user might have found ones he or she likes, and could use them in this script. One of the features of the game is that the has edging and estim. This limits the positioning of the estim connections, but it doesn't have to be all on your dick.

The flashing 'Stroke' is the best solution I can come up with. Pictures load too slowly. There are sounds to give you the speed, but they have to be silenced if you use audio estim. If you have a suggestion, please tell me.

Thanks for the help in developing the script. Please send more comments.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:25 am 
Addict
I'm not good at programming so I'm getting syntax errors making changes and I made too many at a time to figure out where I messed up. What I was trying to do was to setup a configurable(turned on in settings) option so it would randomly pick a file from a different folder than the pain files(such as sounds/ZapEdgeStrip/edge) and play it. I was basically copying the code you had for creating the audiofiles array and putting my pleasurable files in it and then using a fixed file for the pain and trying to move the code to play the files to the edging part and swapping the text appropriately. I have a bunch of 20 second files, so I was going to run the 20 second clip with a 20 second button saying something like 'I've reached the edge' and if the button isn't clicked, it starts another random file. I also have 5 minute files as a different option and I have permission to share those files here as a resource pack as long as I give credit to where they originally came from, but those files are 3.6 megs each so I would have less variety until I reach the max for a resource pack and I don't know how large a package can be. I could split the files so they are smaller too.

If this is done, then at the end where the chance to cum is earned, I would have it play them same files used for edging with a "I came" button.

I think you mentioned(or maybe it was someone else) that you don't find estim pleasurable, so I understand if you don't want to do this. I like the game board layout and the gameplay, you are great at designing a unique game.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:50 am 
Veteran
I'm sorry you had difficulties with the script. It is a bit opaque because the native SexScripts API doesn't do the graphics and file manipulations we would like. I try and do as muck in native SexScript as possible because users should understand what a script is doing on their device. Unfortunately, you end up using a mix of SexScripts, groovy and java in the same script.

I really do like estim! SexScripts tends to emphasize punishment, so I copied the files from Hurrah for School and the card games (Baccarat and Strip Jack Naked). These used estim as a forfeit, but I agree that this script should be mote fun. There should be a fun side to SexScripts! I will add better audio files for the next version of the script, but that will need some research. I am prepared to use my cock and balls for this, but any help would be good. Please send me anything that would help.

I conceived this script do have a variety of actions, so it doesn't seem tight to me to add estim to everything. The spankers will use the script without any estim, and that's fine because I sometimes like to get my ass bright red.

However, I am working on another estim script idea where you match a random character under time pressure, like a reflex test. Initially I thought that matching correctly would stop the shock increasing (putting off punishment). I think that I should also allow for a correct match increasing the estim level for fun audio files. I would need several sets of punishment (perhaps from Shock Yourself) and fun audio files. ANy suggestions? If I get it to work, I will open a thread in this forum.

Keep comments and suggestions coming. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:44 am 
Addict
Quote:
I really do like estim! SexScripts tends to emphasize punishment, so I copied the files from Hurrah for School and the card games (Baccarat and Strip Jack Naked). These used estim as a forfeit, but I agree that this script should be mote fun. There should be a fun side to SexScripts!

I don't think Sexscripts itself is emphasizing anything, it just happens to be the initial creators for estim Sexscripts wanted a CBT creation. I think file availability is the biggest reason why we don't have anything pleasurable. It's difficult to create files, which is why so many authors share filesets between scripts and if I can get some pleasurable files out there, I think they will be used by other scripts. I agree with you, a fun side has a place here. It just hasn't been done yet. We'll create our things and it will attract an audience and other creators to see what can be done and build off of it. I'm working on my own scripts(mostly idea phase and testing small programming components) a little bit here and there and I have a few ideas that I got from playing other Sexscripts and Milovana teases but programming is a slow process for me. I'm going to try to put together the memory game that MissEshock2002 started the programming for(Thank you!) and I'm working on audio file selection.

I find it a little tricky not having a volume control for the audio on this platform because it means that punishment intensities are more difficult to dish out without a stack of files. I personally think a reasonable shortcut so less files need to be created and published, it's best to add more of the pain by having an escalating file that is run longer(more pain deeper into the file) when more pain is desired and is cut short to limit the pain. I think if the goal is to complete a task in a short period, a file starts at a non-painful level(or maybe pleasurable) and gradually changes to painful, and then raises more suddenly as the time limit is reached. That way you've got more variety to the signals instead of how hard they are being jammed through.

It seems there are some pain files that work on many devices(at least DIY, BTstim, 3rdH, 2B, and ET-312B) that don't have a blast of sound. I'm working on putting some of those together and also putting together some pleasurable stuff into a resource pack that can be used by other scripts. There is a struggle with the 2B in that it has limits to creating pain, it seems it needs a much higher volume file when used together with pleasurable files, the pleasurable files need to be at 40% of the volume of a pain file and for almost all other devices pleasurable files would be about 70-80% of a pain file. So if you design for the 2B, the others get left out because the volume difference is substantial and if designing for everything else, the 2B gets left out. I use a DIY device because it's compatible with the most stuff(including pain, tri-phase effects, short pulses without filtering or ignoring them), but it will play what you give it because it's a bookshelf amplifier with a few extra components added for safety to limit the current, boost the volume, and smooth the signal) and the biggest no-no is low frequency files, anything that sounds like bass through headphones stings because nerves don't like to operate off of DC or anything close to it. Some devices convert low frequency audio to something else or ignore it. My thoughts for the 2B are that if I create something with a mix of fun and pain, either the pain files are there and they don't feel strong and it's mostly a pleasurable script. ..or I put in a function to disable the pleasurable stuff so the volume can be calibrated for the pain. I suppose there is always the option for 2B users to make their own compatible swap-in resource pack to replace the files with a set that works well for the 2B.

What device do you use again?

Quote:
I conceived this script do have a variety of actions, so it doesn't seem tight to me to add estim to everything.

That's fair, it's your script after all. I was only trying to modify my own 'version' and forwarded the idea. I should really putting my effort into creating something of my own instead of trying to fork what's already here. If anything, I could just run a sound file outside Sexscripts during the edge sequence with a file of my choice and add a button to end the edge sequence because my edges aren't clockwork, some are slow and some take awhile.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:16 pm 
Veteran
When I have PainWave updated, you can make stereo sounds in SexScripts. (Now it's only mono sound.)
I would not build it in your scripts now, because the changes will break scripts.

Zap wrote:
I'm going to try to put together the memory game that MissEshock2002 started the programming for(Thank you!) and I'm working on audio file selection.

I'm working on a update for the memory game. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:52 am 
Veteran
I have uploaded a new version with very little changed except the images. I have nearly finished a new script which is focused on estim (Shock Reflex). I will add a thread once it is ready.
As usual, please make any comments or suggestions here.

UPDATE
Sorry that didn't work. For some reason, sexscripts uploaded the new script with ZapEdgestrip's name and overwrote the script I was running. It will take me some time to replicate the changes I made, but the old version is back with a new number v0.4.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:30 am 
Veteran
At last, I have reconstructed the version I lost and uploaded it. Any comments on v0.5?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:52 pm 
Addict
Wow. Very well done script!

You guys are certainly upping the game on script quality!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:40 pm 
Veteran
I had a “unlucky” play. I was bouncing back and forth between shocks and increased zap factor short before the goal! :shock:

Your game is great! <3