de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

The Program
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:21 am 
Hi all,

After a few mistakes and problems I have posted The Program and am already working on the multiple branches that each section creates.

I have yet to work out how to Save/Load progress so I will be updating these files once I work that out. And again if people want me to make it for female users also.

I would love to hear your feedback and any suggestions you have for directions it can take.

Show spoiler

Thank you :D
GlitchBunny

Profile Send private message 

Re: The Program
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:12 am 
Shy
Yes, please make a female version! So many scripts for guys and so few for women :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:22 am 
Addict
Hi,

Just a quick one for me. I've noticed your image dimensions are > 2000x????, you could reduce the size (dimension) of the images which will reduce the size of the package.

I find it hard to remember what I've downloaded due to the amount of packs, as for some reason one of the uploads has the same file name? or I'm getting confused.

GlitchBunny wrote:
I have yet to work out how to Save/Load progress so I will be updating these files once I work that out. And again if people want me to make it for female users also.

Since you already show each part based on a block, just add in a save function each button click (at the start of the while loop maybe) to save the block and the script run. Make a new start script which will read the last run script / block, load that script and make it continue from that block.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:41 am 
@chantellets
Awesome can do :D
Theres so few female scripts I wasnt sure if there would be a user base for them. I have so many ideas for a female version.

If I add what Gender are you does anyone know how I make it do "if female use this script"

Show spoiler

@modnar
I have been collecting HD quality images with the largest picture quality. I read that people wouldnt play it if the image quaity was below that.
I can reduce the size which would make it so much easier for as the size made me upload it in several parts.

Quote:
Since you already show each part based on a block, just add in a save function each button click (at the start of the while loop maybe) to save the block and the script run. Make a new start script which will read the last run script / block, load that script and make it continue from that block.

Will I lose all your respect if I say I have no idea how to do that. Do you know any script that has an example of this.

Thank you
Glitch Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:13 pm 
Veteran
Excellent start! Real curious about further development.

Just a few remarks.
- the cartoon images aren't displayed caused by a wrong path in the script.
they are placed in the folder TheProgram but the script expect them in TheMisc.
- in my opinion it would be much better to separate the image downloads and the script downloads.
By doing this it's much easier to correct, upload, download script changes.
- making it gender independent is easy.
Look for example at my script "DisciplineClinic" line 36-60, or Banjo's scripts but I believe there are other good examples as well.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:02 pm 
Addict
I agree with martlb, separate the images and scripts. You could always put a check in place to make sure images are installed before you continue.

You may be able to do this by changing some of the code I posted once here
If you would like to go down this path and need some help, please either let me know here or send me a PM.

If you need any help any where else, just ask. I'm sure there's plenty of people on here who can help you along the way.

I would possibly recommend having a variable set to the image directly rather than referencing it all the time, if you ever need to change it you would only need to change in one place.

Regarding the HD quality images, I use a 2560x1440 monitor, and most of the scripts I've ran show them about 400x600. Maybe some of the authors who's published scripts may shed some light on this. I don't own an Android phone so I'm not aware of the resolutions of that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:26 pm 
@martlb
Huge fan, Discipline Clinic is what inspired me to write Thje Program as if it were an business/company. I will admit that wehile I have seen your code I didnt understand it all at the time.
I am looking at it again with a bit more knowledge of SexScripts.

Quote:
in my opinion it would be much better to separate the image downloads and the script downloads.

I hope that will save me cutting the script apart. I had a little trouble trying to work out what images needed to be in what script having made all my scripts in one lol :P

Yeah I seem to have really messed up the file system when I did the upload. :P
I will revise the script and set a second gender now and then upload again correcting the images.

@modnar
Thank you for the offer it is much appreciated :D
I am resizing the images as you recommended at the moment and I am hoping that I am using the code you have correctly.
If it doesnt I will post here :)
I am reading all the forum pages so that I am learning how to use SexScript better and I hope that I will sound a little more condfient in it :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:38 pm 
To create 3 Genders Male, Female and Sissy I am spliting the Script into 3 parts after the question of Gender is asked.
What do you think?

Show spoiler

A few of the changes to taylor it to genders may take me a while. I am looking for new images and making new questions.

I do apologise if I seem nervous or unsure. In real life I have been a victim of workplace bullying and I have an annoying habit of questioning my desicions.
Thank you
GlitchBunny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:29 pm 
Regular
GlitchBunny wrote:
I do apologise if I seem nervous or unsure. In real life I have been a victim of workplace bullying and I have an annoying habit of questioning my desicions.
Thank you
GlitchBunny

No need to apologize for anything, we are happy to have people like you who contribute to the community :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:04 pm 
Regular
Found two more errors

file images/TheProgram/02Therapist/123.jpg is missing

Error IDSample.html java.io.IOException: Failed to show URI:IDSample.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:06 am 
Addict
Bump, I was just wondering how you was getting on? :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:57 am 
While I have managed to do a fair bit of work on this project it is moving slowly at the moment as real life and its jobs have taken priority :(

My main hold up though has been writing the gender differences and their tasks, I will admit that I have become stuck several times altering the script.

Will keep you all updated and hopefully have the revised edition done

Hope your all well and busy on scripts :D
GlitchBunny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:30 pm 
Shy
Hello!

I just wanted to say that I'm a fan of this series.

I really really REALLY hope to see this project continue. :D

I am happy to help out if there is anything - please ask!

Also really like that you support all anatomies/genders. I am happy to go trough your code to gender-fy it to help if you want. Feels sad you get stuck on those details which may not be your favorite area when your main arch, setting and ideas are so awesome and exciting!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:58 am 
@moppy
I am really glad you like it and its the support that has kept me writing ach act :D
I am hoping to have completed TherapistMain and TherapistSissy before the weekend as I am working on it between other jobs.

@modnar
Slowly and I will admit a little nervous about asking for help. The writing is going smoothly but I keep becoming frustrated when I am trying to work out the code.

@all
Can anyone help. I am trying to understand what part I am doing wrong here. Is s-gender saving correctly? if you restart and choose another gender will it overwrite? and does load work like this or have I got define wrong?

Code:
case "Page042":
setImage("TheProgram/TheTherapist/Therapist01/034.jpg");
def dropdown = true;
while (dropdown) {
def s_gender = getSelectedValue("What is your gender?", ["Male", "Female", "Sissy", "?", "?", "?"]);
if(s_gender==0) {
   save("user.male", s_gender);
   block = "Page043"
   break
}
else
if(s_gender==1) {
   save("user.female", s_gender);
   block = "Page043"
   break
}
else
if(s_gender==2) {
   save("user.sissy", s_gender);
   block = "Page043"
   break
}
if (s_gender<3) {
   dropdown = false;
}
}

case "Page_complete":
if(loadBoolean("user.male")) {return "TheProgram/003TherapistMale"}
if(loadBoolean("user.female")) {return "TheProgram/003TherapistFemale"}
if(loadBoolean("user.sissy")) {return "TheProgram/003TherapistSissy"}
break

Thank you
GlitchBunny

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:42 am 
Addict
Just a quick one, it's late and I'm tired and may of read it wrong.

(s_gender<3) should be (s_gender>=3) or (s_gender>2)
-- you already have s_gender < 3 covered (0[Male],1[Female],2[Sissy] above) but don't have (3[?],4[?],5[?]) covered

Maybe just use save("theProgram.s_gender", s_gender); and then call loadInteger("theProgram.s_gender"). You could place the save() right after getSelectedValue, to save you repeating save() for each if.

This would be a better way, or else you may end up with "user.male" and "user.female" and "user.sissy" being true at any given time together.

You could then later, before the while(dropdown)...

if theProgram.s_gender is already set, ask the user "You currently have your gender set to xxx, would you like to change this?" and do what needs to be done after the Yes/No reply.

Don't be scared to ask. Some of us enjoy helping others.