de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Spin The Bottle
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:09 am 
Veteran
So after "The Guillotine", I thought I'd lighten things up a bit with a simple multi-player spin-the-bottle game. Please note that this is currently in testing, and may or may not work correctly. It's difficult to test without community input.

The idea is simple: you tell the script what you're wearing, and then play spin-the-bottle vs other members of the community. You can play with or without the webcam. If you choose to use the webcam, other players will see you when they win. There are a limited number of slots, so I'm guessing the player turnover will be pretty high. If you end up having to get naked, you'll probably be out of the system fairly quickly. But I'm sure a few players will see you along the way... ;)

Since this is brand new, most of the player slots will be empty. If there's a problem with an opponent's image or if there is no opponent, you'll play vs a built-in character named Alexis. After a few hours, if everything is working, I'd imagine you won't be seeing much of her. :D

Lastly, it's difficult to estimate the server and resource load of this script. I tried to be careful to minimize server usage, but if the script is too taxing, we can try to move it to an external server. Doti, in the meantime, if this hogs too much bandwidth, feel free to disable it until we come up with a solution.

Let me know if you run into any bugs or issues. I think I'm done with script writing for a few weeks anyway...lol Have fun!

Profile Send private message 

Re: Spin The Bottle
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:27 pm 
Regular
I tried to play this script. It's cool. But why do I always spin a bottle and play in turn with three partners? As a result, I should take off three times more clothes than each of them. It is not fair.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:30 pm 
Veteran
flamingo wrote:
I tried to play this script. It's cool. But why do I always spin a bottle and play in turn with three partners? As a result, I should take off three times more clothes than each of them. It is not fair.

Glad you liked it! Let me explain a little more what's going on. Let's say you start off with 4 articles of clothing. When you start the game, you and your opponent both have 5 lives (since there are two naked pics).

Each time you lose, you take something off, and each time they lose, they take something off. So while you start with the same number of clothes, someone will inevitably be naked first. Where it may be confusing is that along the way you'll probably play several different people.

Think of your opponent as a team playing as a single player. For example, John may take off his shirt, Bob may take off his pants, Sarah may take off her bra, and Joe may take off his underwear. Your team will still strip progressively as if it were a single player.

The reason for this is when the game starts, you could be wearing any combination of clothes, and the other players are likely not dressed the same way. So regardless of what you're wearing, the script assembles a virtual team to match you. Thus, each spin you have a chance of playing someone else.

There are two "banks" of opponent pictures stored on the server. That way, there will always be an opponent available and you will never play your own pictures.

I hope this makes sense and wasn't too confusing... The easiest way to think of it is playing vs an opponent team with the same number of lives as you. Unless I'm missing something, it should be fair. It sounds like you were just unlucky the last time you played...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:09 pm 
Regular
ptdw wrote:
flamingo wrote:
I hope this makes sense and wasn't too confusing... The easiest way to think of it is playing vs an opponent team with the same number of lives as you. Unless I'm missing something, it should be fair. It sounds like you were just unlucky the last time you played...

Thank you for explanation. I have to admit that I was just unlucky six or seven times in a row. If I am so unlucky, this script is not for me, sorry:-(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:58 pm 
Veteran
flamingo wrote:
Thank you for explanation. I have to admit that I was just unlucky six or seven times in a row. If I am so unlucky, this script is not for me, sorry:-(

In writing this script, I've probably run it 100+ times. Sometimes you end up winning every spin, sometimes losing, but most of the times it's a mix. The odds should be 50/50. (If any other script writers see a problem with the code, let me know). That said, you can try it without using the webcam and get familiar with how it works, and then use the webcam again when you're comfortable.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:09 pm 
Addict
It is an interesting script but one thing I noticed is that it doesn't take an initial picture. It only takes a picture after an article of clothing is removed.

Maybe this could be a validation pic similar to courtroom. Then only validated players could play and not someone that doesn't risk exposure.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:39 pm 
Veteran
bamaswitch wrote:
Maybe this could be a validation pic similar to courtroom. Then only validated players could play and not someone that doesn't risk exposure.

I've considered that, and may add something along those lines in the future. There were (as expected) a few people playing with bad images. Honestly, I'm not sure why people even bother, since you can still play exactly the same game with the webcam disabled. :roll:

Playing with the cam enabled but not taking pics just makes the game less fun for everyone else--and yourself, since the model won't display if the webcam is on...

For now, I've just released version 1.0. This version cleans up a few minor issues, improves the male model pic set a bit, and tries a little harder to make sure we get good pics into the system.

Feedback is always appreciated. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:56 pm 
Veteran
Posted version 1.1 which only includes one minor addition: viewing your status. Clicking this button will tell you which of your pictures are still being played in the game. As other players lose, your pictures will be replaced. How soon depends on how many people are playing.

I ran a test yesterday, and saw one player's pictures all disappear within an hour (a lot of you must have been playing)! Usually they'll probably hang around a little longer than that.

Since checking your status is rather resource-intensive, your status is only refreshed every 12 hours. So if you check right after playing a game, you won't see any change for at least 12 hours (even though your pictures will likely be disappearing in the meantime).

In thinking more about the "before" picture suggestion mentioned in the thread above, I really like that idea, and it would be easy to do. My only concern is server resource usage, as it would double the number of picture downloads currently occurring. I really appreciate all that doti has done to make all of this possible, and don't want to burden the server any more than necessary. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:14 am 
Shy
In script is BUG. When i lose first round (as example) and in next round i win, i become my pictures as opponent pictures.
Script must control and remember used bank and used another for opponent. OR - refresh Opponent. I have in next round the some opponent. I cannot send you PM, then this way. TNX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:50 pm 
Veteran
zerfy wrote:
In script is BUG. When i lose first round (as example) and in next round i win, i become my pictures as opponent pictures.
Script must control and remember used bank and used another for opponent. OR - refresh Opponent. I have in next round the some opponent. I cannot send you PM, then this way. TNX

Hi Zerfy, due to the way the server works, it's really not practical to store and play every opponent as a single set. In this game, think of each spin as a separate mini-game. You get a random opponent, and have a chance of losing that spin. If you lose that spin, your picture becomes an opponent only for that article of clothing.

Let's say you lose your shirt, but win all of the rest of the spins. In that case, other players may still play for your shirt, but not the rest of the articles. However, each spin becomes riskier and riskier as you are required to take off more clothing.

Instead of thinking of this game as playing 1 vs 1, think of it as a party game with a few friends. You take turns playing each other, and one person strips each time. In the welcome screen, you will only see opponent names of people who lost the final naked round and are still in the game. However, there are many other opponents in the system, as each spin has its own set of opponents.

Also note that at max, each spin only has three possible opponents. So even after a few people play, there's a very good chance your pictures will be replaced fairly quickly. I hope this makes sense...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:30 pm 
Shy
Very cool script. Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:44 pm 
It's great. I lost a ton of times and won only once so I'm not sure about those odds, but whatever, it's having fun that matters.

The only way I could see it being improved is at the end. Right now, it just stops after you're exposed. But what if there was a way to continue playing (as might happen at a party, lol) with new forfeits to pay for losing? I don't know from programming, but maybe there could be a drop down to select from forfeits within a player's limits (eg. put on handcuffs; nipple clamps; panties; body-writing; pic with face visible; etc.).

Failing any of that, how about a pov pic of people pointing/laughing as "reward" for losing at the end?

Also, since the risk of exposure is part of the thrill of it, it might be interesting to know how many people might have seen your naked pics. :oops:

Regardless, it's a great script even if you don't change a thing. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:58 pm 
Veteran
jthunderbolt wrote:
It's great. I lost a ton of times and won only once so I'm not sure about those odds, but whatever, it's having fun that matters.

I swear the odds are 50/50 unless I'm missing something, lol. I've played a LOT of test games and seem to get a pretty even mix of wins and losses. However, I've had a few runs of all wins and all losses as well. So I guess it just depends on your luck!

jthunderbolt wrote:
The only way I could see it being improved is at the end. Right now, it just stops after you're exposed. But what if there was a way to continue playing (as might happen at a party, lol) with new forfeits to pay for losing? I don't know from programming, but maybe there could be a drop down to select from forfeits within a player's limits (eg. put on handcuffs; nipple clamps; panties; body-writing; pic with face visible; etc.).

Good idea, I like it! I'm still a little nervous though about how many pics this script uploads and downloads. As long as it's not too taking on the sex scripts server, there's all kinds of ways it could be expanded.

jthunderbolt wrote:
Failing any of that, how about a pov pic of people pointing/laughing as "reward" for losing at the end?

Great idea, I'll do that in the next version!

jthunderbolt wrote:
Also, since the risk of exposure is part of the thrill of it, it might be interesting to know how many people might have seen your naked pics. :oops:

I'm planning to implement this, just working out the best way to implement it without being too taxing. I'd like to see that as well.

jthunderbolt wrote:
Regardless, it's a great script even if you don't change a thing. Thanks.

Thanks, I really appreciate the feedback. Knowing that people are enjoying it gives me motivation to continue making improvements. Though I would also agree, it's a lot of fun even now! :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:48 am 
Veteran
Thanks zerfy and jthunderbolt for your suggestions! I just uploaded version 1.3 which includes the following changes:

- Fixes a bug where it was possible to see your own pic as an opponent in rare cases
- Adds a group of people laughing if you lose (if anyone has a better pic, feel free to PM me)
- Tells you in the welcome screen how many people have seen you naked (this will take a few days to populate, as people need to be running the latest version)
- Minor additional optimizations and fixes

Unless there is a new bug, I probably won't get a chance to update this again for a few days. Hope everyone has fun! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:00 am 
Addict
First, love all of your scripts!

Just a thought on this one. I hate to reference your other scripts, but how about an option similar to courtroom where users can presubmit pictures or continue to play with the ones that have already been captured? I'd like to play made often but I'm not always in a position where I can strip for the cam.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next