de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 28  Next
 Re: Courtroom
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:05 am 
Veteran
Adding to what Liz said, thanks to @cgut2001 for your contributions to Courtroom! You will soon see a new version of Courtroom uploaded by cgut2001. This is an official version, also approved by Liz and I.

As Liz and I have both been busy and unable to make many improvements to Courtroom recently, cgut2001 will also be working on the code and making improvements. Hopefully between the three of us we can keep the script alive and interesting!

Jurors, please don't forget to check in often and vote. I'm looking forward to the contributions of cgut2001, and the future of Courtroom. Enjoy! :twisted:

- ptdw

Profile Send private message 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:00 pm 
Addict
Hello everyone,

as ptdw announced a new version of courtroom is available now. It has some smaller bugfixes and adds two changes.

If you report to the court, admitting the same crime as last time you were there, it is more likely your punishment will be on the severe end of the scale. For Details see spoiler.

Show spoiler

The second change is a new feature, the 'Repeated offender program'. This is an opt-in, so you still can use the script without.

One word of warning: If you sign in to the 'repeated offender program' you will not be able to sign out for 90 days. So read carefully and decide if you really want to participate.

It will bring very severe punishments if you push it to the limit.

If you sign in, a "criminal-record" is created. From that moment on, the number of times you appear before court is recorded and if the judge found these cases of little or high severity.

If you appear before the court to often or the severity of all cases is to high, two things will happen. The judge will give you a punishment which is more severe than any regular punishment for the crime would be. After you completed your first punishment you will immediately get a second one for violating your probation. This too will be more severe than any regular punishment.

To aviod these punishments, you may plea 'repeated offender' or 'serial offender' as soon as your criminal record starts to fill up. But be careful, these have consequences too.

A 'repeated offender' will be punished a little more severe than he would have been anyway. In exchange the criminal record is reduced but only by a little.

If you admit being a 'serial offender' your punishment may be substantially more severe. On the other hand your criminal record will be reduced drastically, if the jury decides you did your punishment.

In this context more severe always means things like more strokes with the cane, longer chastity time... The kind of punishment you will receive doesn't change.

The idea is to get the participants caught between a rock and a hard place. They may take unpleasant consequences early, knowig the gain is not yet worth the additional pain. Or they may wait longer and risk being subjected to two extreme punishments.

More details in the spoiler

Show spoiler

The script has been tested in various ways. Still there may be bugs that have not been noticed. If you encounter one, please report here in the thead.

If you find a typo, you may keep it until I ask you to give it back. ;)

I hope you will have fun with the new version, whatever this means. :twisted:

Regards

cgut2001

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:01 am 
Addict
Unfortunately I just discovered a small glitch. While this will cause no major harm, I decided to fix it immediately.

Anyone who already downloaded the new version should do it again.

Thank you

cgut2001

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:27 pm 
Regular
On a slightly different topic - I was wondering about the removal of evidence after the successful completion of a punishment. I chose the setting that should have removed my evidence, yet it seems the evidence is still there. Could there be some kind of glitch in the script on that?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:14 pm 
Addict
Hi robslut

as announced by the script when submitting to court, the evidence will stay on the court docket for four days after trial.

In a few days it will be gone. This is not a glitch but the normal function of the script.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:52 pm 
Regular
I meant collateral, not evidence. I selected the option that should delete your collateral on completion of the discipline, but the collateral was not deleted.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:46 pm 
Addict
Hi robslut,

I traced it down in the script. When you submit to court, you may ask the server to keep your collateral or to delete it after your case is finished. This is signaled to the server.

If there is a glitch, then it may not be the script, but the server-side.

I guess you stumbled upon something else. The copy of the collateral on your harddisk is not deleted after the case has finished. The same goes for the collateral-description in the local settings-file.

When you click on the collateral-settings, the script uses the image and values stored your harddrive. As long as the file is on your harddisk and the description is present in the settings-file, you will see it, when you open the settings in the courtroom-script, even if it is deleted on the server.

As long as your harddisk is safe, this should be safe too.

Off course I can't say anything about the server, as I don't know the software there. Yet I trust, Liz did a proper programming.

I don't know if I should regard the behaviour of the script a bug or as a feature. Judging from the comments in the code it was the idea to make it possible to take the collateral from a users harddisk and resend it, if he wants to submit a new case. Off course this may be irritating.

I don't know if this answer is helpful for you, yet I hope it at least clears up a few things.

Regards

cgut2001

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:45 pm 
Shy
Hello,

In General
I'm new to SexScripts and to the Courtroom, however, I was a member of Jennifer In Control for a period of time. Regretfully my schedule did not permit me time to continue in that wonderful scenario. I love what has been done with the Courtroom. I've submitted to the Court once and am currently in a case right now. Hoping for a good outcome. :)

The Way I thought it was going to go...
When I originally downloaded the courtroom script and decided I was going to submit to the court, I thought I was going to be taken in front of the Judge to be arraigned for my crimes. I could plea bargain for a reduced sentence or plead not guilty and take my chances with the jury (knowing the sentence would be harsher).

If I plea bargain, Judge would sentence me, then verify the sentence was carried out. If not, collateral would be released, otherwise, the case would be complete.

If I decided I had a good case, I could plead not guilty. Then submit evidence that proves my innocence (Pics, Information, etc) and let the jury decide if I was guilty or innocent. If found innocent, the case would be over. If found guilty, the Judge would sentence me. Once the sentence was carried out the Judge would determine if the task was complete. Here again, if not, collateral would be released.

This appeals to me because there is a chance that I get away with something ... but maybe we all secretly want the punishment :-)

Criminal Record and Probation
I do like the Criminal Record feature. One possible option in regards to probation. If a crime is severe enough or you are in front of the court too often, you are put on probation for XX days, during which your sentences are harsher and you are unable to sign out of this feature. Every time you break probation, the duration starts at 0 days and the length of probation is increased. You could also make mandatory visits during probation, maybe just a check-in (automated) or maybe a task that must be done. For the most violent offenders, maybe they are on-call and have xx hours from when they receive an email to report to the court.

I think you get my idea.

One Question; Does the courtroom script work on the Android App?

I do love what is here ... I'm sure I will be back from time to time.

Also, can I be added to the Jury Pool?

Thanks,
qD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:44 pm 
Addict
Hi quietlyDevious,

thanks for your answer. Glad you enjoy the script.

quietlyDevious wrote:
The Way I thought it was going to go...
When I originally downloaded the courtroom script and decided I was going to submit to the court, I thought I was going to be taken in front of the Judge to be arraigned for my crimes. I could plea bargain for a reduced sentence or plead not guilty and take my chances with the jury (knowing the sentence would be harsher).

If I plea bargain, Judge would sentence me, then verify the sentence was carried out. If not, collateral would be released, otherwise, the case would be complete.

If I decided I had a good case, I could plead not guilty. Then submit evidence that proves my innocence (Pics, Information, etc) and let the jury decide if I was guilty or innocent. If found innocent, the case would be over. If found guilty, the Judge would sentence me. Once the sentence was carried out the Judge would determine if the task was complete. Here again, if not, collateral would be released.

This appeals to me because there is a chance that I get away with something ... but maybe we all secretly want the punishment :-)

The idea of being able to "get away" with a crime at the risk of a harsh punishment otherwise sounds appealing.

Yet I don't think it is reasonable to do it the way, you describe.

In a real court, the prosecutors office starts investigating the case long before they decide whether or not to bring it to court. During this time they already evaluated evidence for and against the suspect. They bring the case before court if and only if they suppose they can prove beyond reasonable doubt the suspect is guilty.

In my opinion your Idea would require a real prosecutor who could do real investigations. For crimes like 'self gratification' it would be difficult to prove you did it. De facto the prosecutor would need to catch you red handed and record a video.

On the other hand, if the courtroom doesn't have to follow 'in dubio pro reo' how could you possibly prove you didn't masturbate.

There's another thing. Your suggestion would change the role of the jury in the script. At the moment the job is looking at the evidence and consider if the user has completed the punishment. I don't know if this would work, especially as it may create a lot of borderline cases.

The only viable solution I see to have a feature like this is to decide at random. At a chance of maybe one in five you could get away if you plea 'not guilty'. But to me this is like adding a 'punish me harder' button a user can press at lib. It takes away the thrill of being uncertain.

quietlyDevious wrote:
Criminal Record and Probation
I do like the Criminal Record feature. One possible option in regards to probation. If a crime is severe enough or you are in front of the court too often, you are put on probation for XX days, during which your sentences are harsher and you are unable to sign out of this feature. Every time you break probation, the duration starts at 0 days and the length of probation is increased. You could also make mandatory visits during probation, maybe just a check-in (automated) or maybe a task that must be done. For the most violent offenders, maybe they are on-call and have xx hours from when they receive an email to report to the court.

I think you get my idea.

I hope I got the idea. Again something worth considering. As with your other suggestion I see some pitfalls when thinking about how to do it.

Giving out a more severe punishment if a user submits to court "to early" after his last sentence, should be possible.

But I have objections against the 'check-in' and the on 'call feature'.

At the moment you can use courtroom if you feel you "need to be punished". You open it, confess your crime, do your sentence and it's done.

The 'check-in' and even more the 'on call' feature would be a constant intrusion into everyday-life for a longer period of time. This is something for a long term blackmail scenario. There are scripts like these and I don't use them. I want a forseeable defined end. On the other hand I want to have to go through the scenario once I started it. So for me courtroom has a good combination. Being quite, but not completely sure what will happen and being forced to accept a punishment I maybe didn't want. Yet knowing after I did it, it's done.

The second point is of technical nature. Courtroom does almost everyhing while running on the local computer. The server is only used to store evidence and outcome. As long as you don't open the script, nothing will happen. Timed jobs like sending mails have to be done on the server as there's no guarantee the user has the script running at the moment it should send a mail. This would transform courtroom from mainly client-based application to a server-based one.

quietlyDevious wrote:
One Question; Does the courtroom script work on the Android App?

I don't know. It doesn't use any exotic functions, so I wouldn't expect major problems. But I didn't test it so far.

There's one important thing. Courtroom relies on several settings stored on the local system. If you want to use it on several devices it's essential to keep the file 'data.properties' in sync on all of them.

It may be an interesting challenge to add some option for server-synchronisation.

Regards

cgut2001

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:44 am 
Shy
Hello cgut2001,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Quote:
I hope I got the idea. Again something worth considering. As with your other suggestion I see some pitfalls when thinking about how to do it.

I believe you did understand all of my ideas just fine and made excellent counterpoints. I can see where those pitfalls would cause problems.

Thanks for thinking of them and keep up the good work.

qD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:19 pm 
Newcomer
Hello,

I Kept getting a nullpointer exception on URLDecoder after signing the crime.
After doing some digging in the code I noticed the courtroom.crime_name is not in my data.properties file and throwing a nullpointer exception due this.
After adding it manually, the script continues fine.

Tested on latest sexscript version and courtroom version v1.29.

Regards

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:21 pm 
Addict
Hello Rave

you're right. The script doesn't check if the setting exists before trying to use it. This is a bug. It only occurs if you submit to court for the first time. Becuase of that I didn't notice.

I will fix it, but due to some real-life tasks may not be able to do it until tomorrow.

Thanks for your bug-report.

cgut2001

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:05 pm 
Addict
Hello everyone,

a new revision of courtroom has just been published. This is a fix for the bug reported by Rave.

regards

cgut2001

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:06 pm 
Newcomer
Any idea how to fix "we are having trouble connecting to the internet" when the internet connection is strong?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:30 pm 
Addict
Hi slave_ray,

have you tried again? If so, is the problem still there or did it work later on?

I couldn't reproduce this behaviour so all I could do would be guesswork.

Regards

cgut2001

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 28  Next