de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 28  Next
 Re: Courtroom
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:54 pm 
Regular
I'm having the same trouble as slave_ray. I get the intro page, but if I click "I agree", I get a gray page with a big exclamation point in a triangle and the text, "We are having trouble connecting to the internet - please fix and try again." There is a button on that page with only one option: "Exit". Push it and the script ends.

I can't tell if this is part of the script or part of Sexscripts, though I haven't seen it in any other script (and I've done most of them, I think). It is tenacious and unrelated to actual internet connectivity. I've tried to access Courtroom daily over the past two weeks, and I've run into it all but 2 times, so it is not a problem isolated in time. For the times I got past it, I made it to the page with various buttons for settings, including the one to submit collateral. Once, I was able to do that. But I can't confirm, because I haven't been able to get back there, instead being intercepted by the "trouble with internet" page.

I tried redownloading the script, and redownloading Sexscripts, but no help. I even tried switching computers, and this effort got me to the point where I was able to submit collateral (2 days ago), but no further. Now I still just get the "trouble connecting" page.

Both computers are PC laptops running Windows 10 Pro, if that helps.

Looking through the copious notes for this script, it does seem like others have mentioned this bug over the past 12-15 months, but then it is not followed up on. So I can't tell if it was only a temporary glitch for them, or if they gave up and checked out other scripts. Still, I can confirm it is real, and sort of frustrating (!).

I appreciate all the work that seems to have been part of creating this script (especially after reading all the forum notes about it!). I only wish I could witness it in person!

Profile Send private message 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:19 pm 
Addict
Hi Babydoc,

when courtroom is started it requests a few informations from the server, e.g. in your case if your collateral has been approved. If this request returns an error the message you see will appear.

It isn't easy to track down connection problems if you don't sit at the computer having the problems. Especially as the problem may occur at the server, the client or anywhere in between.

Maybe you can find a clue, if you look at 'errors.log' in your sexscripts-directory.

Regards

cgut2001

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:06 pm 
Regular
Thanks for the response, cgut2001. I'm not a tech guy, but I can try! This is what is in my errors log looks like:

[Thread-9] INFO com.github.sarxos.webcam.Webcam - WebcamDefaultDriver capture driver will be used
[atomic-processor-1] INFO com.github.sarxos.webcam.ds.cgt.WebcamOpenTask - Opening webcam Integrated Camera 0
[atomic-processor-1] INFO com.github.sarxos.webcam.ds.cgt.WebcamCloseTask - Closing Integrated Camera 0

With the latter two lines repeated about 6 times.

...So this is a webcam issue?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:19 pm 
Regular
One other note: The webcam works well for Spin the Bottle, and in JIC (and Skype, etc.) online. Thanks for any light anyone can shed!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:43 pm 
Addict
Babydoc wrote:
...So this is a webcam issue?

No, these lines seem quite normal. I suppose they are just status repots. I have ideas for a few more tests. But the results could give away some information about you, that may not be for public view, I'd like to continue debugging via PN.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:52 pm 
Addict
With the help of Babydoc it was possible to track the error down. Thanks to him for his help.

There's a problem with some characters like spaces in the user-name. A bugfix will be written, yet if I don't manage to do it today, it may take until easter is over.

Until then please use names without signs like blank, ampersand and the like.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:36 pm 
Addict
A bugfix, addressing the issue of 'no internet connection' errors because of blanks and other special signs in the username has just been uploaded.

Anyone having the problem described, may try again. Please report if it still doesn't work.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:38 pm 
I have still the problem on my macbook that it will get a connection error.
What I have done: Updated Java, SexScripts, Courtroom.

Strange is, if I start the script from a blank installation (non approved ID), it will work on the macbook. As soon as I try it with my approved ID I will get the connection error. Errorlog doesn't show anything. Other Webcam scripts, like spinthebottle do work.

On my windows machine anything is running fine.
Since I need the macbook in my playroom to do punishments, its a pitty I can't use courtroom for the moment.

Also a little bit sad is, even I have contributed to the script, I still can't vote on cases ;( Maybe Liz doesn't like me anymore because I have left JiC?

Greetings,

Alex

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:06 am 
Regular
Help! Somehow I've screwed up. I thought I asked for 72 hours to present evidence, but the script apparently defaulted to 24 hours. I had to purchase something, then present photo evidence over 12 hours. I thought I was WAY ahead of the game, but the discovery period ended 6 hours into my punishment!

I do have additional photos to submit (if possible), since I did complete the punishment. Or is it possible simply to delete the case? I'm not sure why I was only given 24 hours.

Please help! The script says the trial is in 17 hours...

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

Babydoc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:45 am 
Addict
Hi RoadR_

regarding your problem with the macbook, there are a few additional test that can be done.

As mentioned to babydoc, these may need some information better not put in a public thread. I'll send you a pm today.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:53 am 
Addict
Hi Babydoc

you wrote:

Babydoc wrote:
Help! Somehow I've screwed up. I thought I asked for 72 hours to present evidence, but the script apparently defaulted to 24 hours. I had to purchase something, then present photo evidence over 12 hours. I thought I was WAY ahead of the game, but the discovery period ended 6 hours into my punishment!

I do have additional photos to submit (if possible), since I did complete the punishment. Or is it possible simply to delete the case? I'm not sure why I was only given 24 hours.

Please help! The script says the trial is in 17 hours...

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

Babydoc

In the time 24 hours before trial the jury will vote if you've done your sentence. No evidence can be added. The only thing that can be done is deleting the case.

Currently there is no case in this phase. One has an overdue trial but I guess this isn't you as it was filed at a time we were still finding out what caused your connection error.

The case filed with the username 'Babydoc' has over 10 hours left to submit evidence at the time writing this answer.

If it still is a problem, could you please tell the case id?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:02 pm 
Regular
Sorry, cgut2001! ptdw responded via PM and was able to see that the jury found me (as "Little_boy") not guilty despite not getting the timing right. Whew!

I'm still a little confused about how to set the discovery period time limit. Apparently I thought I was entering 72 hours, but the system defaulted to 24 hours. It may have been a fluke, but I tried again with another case, and could not set the time limit for more than 24 hours. (This time I was prepared and I think I was able to submit evidence in time.)

Is there a trick to it? Is it a bug? Perhaps I'm just not reading directions well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:44 pm 
Addict
Hi Babydoc,

I just had a quick look at the code. It might be a fix for another bug which caused this. Yet this is only a qualified guess, some tests are needed in order to find out if this is the reason.

Regards

cgut2001

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:56 pm 
Addict
Hi Babydoc,

after revising the script it looks as if this really was a regression-problem caused by a fix for a different bug.

A version hopefully fixing both problems has just been uploaded.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:26 pm 
Regular
Thanks for the fix. I'm sure other miscreants will appreciate it as well!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 28  Next