de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
 Re: Courtroom
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:23 pm 
Veteran
ptdw wrote:
appreciated. Please send the bill to Liz. :D

Thanks... Will be away from my computer for most of the next few days so should not get in your way ;-) But may just set the current cases to advance a stage every 12hours on the server to allow space for new ones... till we have the voting right.

You can't take something off the Internet - it's like taking pee out of a pool.
https://play-clan.site profile: Liz

Profile Send private message 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:34 am 
Looks like the download is broken, getting a file not found exception.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:33 am 
Veteran
Something's wrong with the publish mechanism on the site right now. A few of us are getting errors that say "Insufficient storage space in system." I have an update ready to go, and will re-upload as soon as I'm able.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:24 pm 
Veteran
ptdw wrote:
Something's wrong with the publish mechanism on the site right now. A few of us are getting errors that say "Insufficient storage space in system." I have an update ready to go, and will re-upload as soon as I'm able.

As Doti says, its working again now - have just re-uploaded my yesterdays version to give people something to look at till you can try again ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:49 pm 
Veteran
Thanks Liz and Doti! I just uploaded version 0.04, which includes an improved punishment system. Punishments are now based on the crime, and the judge's severity decision is applied to the punishments. Additionally, you can now report back to the court for your punishment, and will be walked through the process.

I'm not sure if the severity range of the punishments is reasonable, and feedback is welcome. Here are the current punishments and best/worst case scenarios:

Show spoiler

Does that seem reasonable? I'll be making a few more additions to the punishment routines, but the main concept and content are working now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:02 pm 
Veteran
Thanks just put in a little update too..

* Now shows guilt in case list
* If report to court and they have no record of your case it will reset you, allowing you to re-submit.
* new cases now pass deadline for giving evidence to server (needed to be longer e.g. if in chastity for 24 hours!), Trial will still need to be at least 24 hours after that to allow votes. Do we set a default value depending on punishment? or should we give user a chance to adjust as they will no if they need to go shopping etc?

The server looks to be dealing with votes and evidence ok. The only things that need to change are:
* Temp allowing everyone to vote
* Forcing a user to stage 1 so can always add evidence - will change when work on the script for their "trial"
* Some information is returned at all stages (e.g. votes) when after beta will only show post trial and/or guilty
* Times to move from Stage 1 (collecting evidence) -> 2 (voting) -> 3/4 (Trial) -> 5 (Remove) is all sped up

Also to answer a question in looking at the script:
Quote:
ptdw--I don't think the evidence can be text, as it couldn't really be verified...I'm also skeptical that a single webcam image would work

Agree not much point in text - see you skipped that already 8-) But webcam images can be worthwhile e.g. for chastity, a "server timestamped" image at the start and end (as can submit evidence multiple times) should be more trust worthy than an image with a time website in the background?

Last edited by Liz on Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:49 pm 
Veteran
Liz wrote:
Agree not much point in text - maybe skip that. But webcam images can be worthwhile e.g. for chastity, a "server timestamped" image at the start and end (as can submit evidence multiple times) should be more trust worthy than an image with a time website in the background?

Excellent point, Liz. I forgot about your server's time-stamping abilities. That indeed is better than setting up a tricky shot with a website in the background. I'll update the punishment system to take a picture for the chastity task (and possibly caning as well).

So far, each of the punishments has different evidence requirements, which I kind of like. Adds some variety...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:52 pm 
Veteran
Ok did one more update... and updated the text above...

Thats me going shopping now so will not mess it up for you any more ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:56 pm 
Veteran
Liz wrote:
Ok did one more update... and updated the text above...

Thats me going shopping now so will not mess it up for you any more ;-)

No worries, I probably won't have time to work on it until later anyway. Some real life things to take care of today...lol

Have fun shopping ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:02 am 
Veteran
Uploaded a new version with a feature-complete electric chair. Added images and sound (to that part anyway).

Turns out that finding images is much more difficult than I expected. Specifically, I am looking for a gallery that includes guards or police that actually look at the camera, in a prison-type setting with a darkish background. Also, we could use a good courtroom-type gallery with the same setting and people in multiple pictures. If anyone wants to help look for pictures, your links would be appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:54 pm 
Veteran
Latest version now has version check to stop people corrupting server data with old version of the script and displaying strange information.

With that in mind it has had a slight change to allow some more information if a user triggers the "Trial" :geek:

The way the flow currently works (once i have the debugging switched off on the server) is as follows (this will be called more legal style things by the script :) ):

1) First submit to court - Specify time-frame to report evidence by

2) On the deadline, stops you from adding evidence and opens voting by Jury

3) "The Trial" - this is trigged by the first time the defendant submits to the court 24 hours after stage 2. Provided at least 2 jury have voted. Once this is triggered everyone sees the result. May also make it if the defendant does not trigger it in say 1 week, the trial goes ahead without them :)

4) A week after the trial all data deleted

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:06 pm 
Veteran
Good ideas, Liz. I just submitted an update, and merged all of our changes. Hopefully I did that correctly. I used a file comparison tool, but may have missed something. Anyway, it seems to work.

The latest update now has a complete punishment system. When the player selects their crime, they are first reminded of the punishment and asked to confirm. Some people won't have the equipment (or ability) to perform certain punishments, so may as well not waste a slot in court with something the player can't do.

All four punishments now have complete guidance with images. Each punishment is unique, and has different equipment and evidence requirements.

All of the punishments allow you to return to the court and submit evidence (webcam pic or link), but some will also have the option of taking a webcam picture during the actual punishment.

Ideally, the player could upload multiple webcam pics (at least 2), and even return a bit later and submit more evidence. However, if that breaks the story flow, or the server, I can re-write a couple of the punishments to only require one picture. Currently, two of them require before and after pictures. What do you think, Liz?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:12 pm 
Veteran
Sounds good, will have a better look at it tomorrow.. onto the red wine now ;-) No harm in checking if a user has a chastity device or estim in their tools list?

Did notice that I missed a line for the version check in "view cases" that stoped it working so have added that to your latest version (my mistake not yours :oops: )

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:27 pm 
Veteran
Liz wrote:
Did notice that I missed a line for the version check in "view cases" that stoped it working so have added that to your latest version (my mistake not yours :oops: )

It looks like you already fixed it! I've been spending my time in simulation mode and trying out different scenarios related to the punishment system. I don't really have the ability to go online and actually submit data, since the court always seems to be full. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:33 pm 
Veteran
No probs ;) - not sure if bug adding evidence too as no one has done it? will check that tomorrow as well.

oh and the code to check if a user has tools is:
Code:
if (loadBoolean("toys.chastity_belt"))
  // chastity stuff
if (loadBoolean("toys.estim"))
  // estim stuff

Guess we will need to have some way of allowing for peoples limits as well ;-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next