de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next
 Re: Courtroom
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:18 am 
Veteran
Ok, last version for today (I hope!)...this isn't how I planned to spend my Sunday. :lol:

I fixed the story line issues, and added a lot of pictures. I'm not thrilled with the trial pictures, but they work for now, and can always be changed later. There are still quite a few places with no pictures or dialog, for example voting, the trial, and the verdict. Will get to those eventually...

I also now check for proper toys before allowing a player to continue with the punishment.

Profile Send private message 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:21 am 
Veteran
ptdw wrote:
Ok, last version for today (I hope!)...this isn't how I planned to spend my Sunday. :lol:

Was that me leading you astray again.. :roll:

Found the bug with the evidence - was both on server and in script so can only blame you for half of it ;)

If I get a moment my plans today are:
  • switch the server over to normal timing (people should still not upload sensitive data as may be viewed/edited/deleted during testing)
  • Better display of evidence (do we only show evidence at stage 2?)
  • Have stab at framework of putting a user through their "Trial"

Once have that done it looks like we will almost be ready to go live... Obviously ptdw will want to reword the story and add more pics but the functionality should be there :geek:

You can't take something off the Internet - it's like taking pee out of a pool.
https://play-clan.site profile: Liz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:24 pm 
Veteran
OK, almost did my list before needing to do something else ;-)

Mainly just needs a bit of cut and pasting and rewording... but that's a job for another day 8-)

But displaying the evidence in the trial, had me thinking - should we have a 3rd option for evidence - upload a picture file? It would not be reliable as far as the date stamp goes but would be easier to review than a link for jury + trial flow?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:06 pm 
Veteran
Nice work, Liz, and sorry about the evidence bug. I've been trying to emulate everything locally, and have been afraid to mess up the server data.

If I have time later today, I'll try to emulate the whole process, from arraignment to verdict and add more dialog and pictures.

Since only two of the punishments (so far) really work with pictures, and basically require time stamps, I'm not sure how important a separate picture upload feature would be, though in some cases I suppose it would be convenient. In the future, I'm sure we'll be adding more crimes and punishments, and will have different requirements for evidence.

Honestly, now that things are cleaned up and working, I'm a little afraid of what we've created. *gulp* :shock: :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:28 pm 
Veteran
Yes, agree no need just now for uploading picture for evidence, but maybe worthwhile for collateral? will put that in when I have a moment.

Have done another update just now (not worthy of a version number :D ) That displays all evidence (if any)with time stamps before you vote.

The update also displays your user-id, if you want to be added to the jury (and have commented in here) - pm me your user-id and I will add you in for when voting switches to Jury only in the next week :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am 
Veteran
I uploaded a new version 0.12, but didn't get to finish what I was working on. Hopefully no bugs, but I'll be back a little later to finish up. This version is mainly menu cleanup and formatting, but also added a little more detail when waiting for trial, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:47 am 
Veteran
I finished cleaning up the menus and case viewing. I also added reminders of the evidence requirements for the jury, and added the story line to the voting process.

If I have time tomorrow, I'll try to complete the story line for the trial...which may be the last missing piece of the story. I'll have to double check.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:48 am 
Shy
dear mistress liz
i like this script but why it gives error " error illegal character url" when i am reporting to court with user id 1s450391
thanks mistress

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:52 am 
Veteran
samersimo wrote:
dear mistress liz
i like this script but why it gives error " error illegal character url" when i am reporting to court with user id 1s450391
thanks mistress

Please be careful not to give out your user id, would suggest you delete it in data.properties to get another one.

But will have a look at if we missed something with yesterdays updates ;-) now with have the core working its easier to put some error checking in...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:56 am 
Veteran
Uploaded version 0.16. In reality, it should probably be called 0.90. This script is very close to being done (at least for version 1.0)... Liz and I have some surprises planned for future versions. :twisted:

The story line is now complete. All phases of the trial now have dialog and pictures. Please report any bugs or problems. I need to run all of the dialog through spell check soon, I'm sure there are a few typos.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:03 pm 
Veteran
This mornings update (with major version number boost to match) brings us almost to release ready :)

Some of the highlights include:
  • a settings option (for name, hard limits & optional estim)
  • Newspaper headlines at start to highlight court results.
  • Formatting fixes for "Trial" and displaying cases for Public/Jury
  • Display collateral if found guilty

So as ptdw says please report any bugs, and I think we will switch to version 1 before the end of the week. When we switch to the version 1 all cases will be cleared and voting will be by jury only.

In addition to bugs you can still also help to make it more interesting by suggesting additional crimes and/or punishments 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:42 pm 
Veteran
Notice of Finishing Beta Testing!

It looks like everything is working OK, just a few minor fixes to go in :geek:

So we will switch from beta testing about Noon on Friday (UK time). At this time all cases will be cleared. Version 1 will be uploaded just before hand - You will need this version to view current cases and add new ones.

Please don't waste everyones time by filling the court with junk. Voting will be only by members of the Jury from version 1.

As from today the timeline for cases is as follows:

1) Submit to court + Give evidence
You set the deadline till the next stage (may want over and done quick or may need to buy something first)
2) Evidence deadline
Min 24 hours - Trial is triggered the next time you checkin after the 24hours has expired. Will see what happens but may trigger trial after say 3 days if not done by user
3) Trial - Outcome decided based on majority vote by Jury (will be extended to majority of at least 2 once Jury grows)
Case details will stay for everyone to see for 4 days after the trial time (collateral only if Guilty)
4) Delete case data

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:39 am 
Veteran
Uploaded version 0.91 which includes the following changes:

- Updates to case viewing, including support for all types of collateral.
- Limits and toys now affect which crimes you may confess.
- Other miscellaneous cleanup.

By the way, uploading an image file as collateral does not work for Mac users. You'll need to use the web cam, a URL, or text. In my experience, this feature doesn't work with any script...I believe it is a known issue with Mac and Java. Is that correct?

Have fun, everyone. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:30 pm 
Veteran
Version 0.92 fixes spelling and typos... :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:33 pm 
Veteran
ptdw wrote:
Version 0.92 fixes spelling and typos... :oops:

Sure not all the spelging mistakes was you 8-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next