de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Scarletts Blackmail
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:16 am 
Regular
As I got the impression that there was demand for another blackmail script, I have started writing one and just published the initial version.

Note that this script is still far from complete.

You are welcome to test it and to provide feedback in this thread.

@doti and @Liz:
I would be really happy if you could review the script and provide your feedback on it.

Profile Send private message 

Re: Scarletts Blackmail
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:31 am 
Newcomer
It just says "Hello" to me and I can't find a way to proceed.
Am I doing something wrong?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:03 pm 
Regular
Please verify, that your Sexscripts installation is on the latest available version.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:55 pm 
Addict
Just to make sure, I downloaded the newest version of Sexscripts. Then I downloaded Scarlett's Blackmail. When I opened it, the script would not go beyond the warning page.

In reading the script itself, I note that this is mostly a chastity script, once all the blackmail information is loaded. Not being into chastity, I probably will not be playing this script. Otherwise, looks promising, although I liked the various tasks in Mandy's blackmail better. Especially when it still had the email, if you failed, feature active.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:49 pm 
Newcomer
Sadly I cant PM you, so I will just text you here :)
Just took a look into the script and tried some stuff and I think you need to go lower on your getRandom in line 23. I lowered it to 1000000 and it worked perfectly.
The rest worked for me normally I suppose.

Oh and one idea, maybe check for the date when doing the daily checkup, so you cant do it more then once a day ;)

But overall a really nice script!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:17 pm 
Regular
uiop wrote:
Sadly I cant PM you, so I will just text you here :)
I think you need to go lower on your getRandom in line 23. I lowered it to 1000000 and it worked perfectly.

Interesting. For me it works fine with the current value. I have no idea why this might differ between users. Thank you for reporting this.
@Timppa and @bendedknee:
Could you try, please, if lowering the getRandom value in line 23 to 1000000 solves your issues as well?

uiop wrote:
Oh and one idea, maybe check for the date when doing the daily checkup, so you cant do it more then once a day ;)

Yeah, I thought about it, but such a check isn't really critical for the functionality, as the user gains nothing by checking in more than once per day and providing more than one verification photo per day.

However it makes sense to add a check sooner or later to avoid pointlessly storing unnecessarily high amount of photos per user on the server as there is a limit for the length of the strings that store the picture ids. I will have to add some code to remove old verification pictures when newer ones are present (only keeping the latest couple of days) to avoid hitting that limit. At that point only storing one picture per day gets important so that the user can't just remove older entries at will by running the daily checkup multiple times per day.

That said, as long as the pictures aren't taken more than once per day, it makes sense to allow running the daily checkup more than once when more functionality for the daily checkup is added: i.e. daily tasks, checking the remaining time or allowing the user to gamble with the length of the remaining time. I don't see why that should be restricted to once per day.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:13 pm 
Addict
I had the same issue but it worked once I changed the image value to 1000000.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:42 pm 
Regular
bendedknee wrote:
Just to make sure, I downloaded the newest version of Sexscripts. Then I downloaded Scarlett's Blackmail. When I opened it, the script would not go beyond the warning page.

In reading the script itself, I note that this is mostly a chastity script, once all the blackmail information is loaded. Not being into chastity, I probably will not be playing this script. Otherwise, looks promising, although I liked the various tasks in Mandy's blackmail better. Especially when it still had the email, if you failed, feature active.

Are you sure about email feature? I think is inactive now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:09 am 
Addict
That was my point. Mandy's Blackmail had other tasks and no chastity and was better when the email function was working.
Hasn't worked for a few years since the change in servers. And some users were really embarrassed when they
found out that the email function actually worked and they failed enough steps in the script, that compromising
pictures were sent to a friend or girlfriend.

I'm sure this will work fine for someone who does not mind being blackmailed into chastity. Chastity is not my thing,
and I have a woman in my life, who probably would not appreciate me being locked up.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:29 am 
Regular
bendedknee wrote:
That was my point. Mandy's Blackmail had other tasks and no chastity and was better when the email function was working.
Hasn't worked for a few years since the change in servers. And some users were really embarrassed when they
found out that the email function actually worked and they failed enough steps in the script, that compromising
pictures were sent to a friend or girlfriend.

I'm sure this will work fine for someone who does not mind being blackmailed into chastity. Chastity is not my thing,
and I have a woman in my life, who probably would not appreciate me being locked up.

About chastity I am hundred percent agree with you. It is like forced chastity script rather than blackmail. And chastity can be caused some erection problems with time and it is not suit for everybody. By the way, the scripts is so new and I believe the author will add many things.
About email function in Mandy, it is real serious problem with no brake mechanism. It can be very dangerous and you can find yourself in criminal procesure suddenly. I think authors of scripts about blackmail and exposure should create second chance at least one time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:15 am 
Regular
pedro45 wrote:
By the way, the scripts is so new and I believe the author will add many things.

I might add some other stuff as well over time, although I can't promise anything, yet.

pedro45 wrote:
About email function in Mandy, it is real serious problem with no brake mechanism. It can be very dangerous and you can find yourself in criminal procesure suddenly. I think authors of scripts about blackmail and exposure should create second chance at least one time.

In my opinion a major shortcoming of the Mandy script with email-functionality was, that if you did not take it serious, she would just order a nuclear strike (figuratively speaking) and email your pictures to someone you know.
At that point she has no threat left anymore. Even if she held some pictures back for a second email: If your girlfriend, etc. already got 5 such pictures or so, another 5 would not make that much of a difference anymore: the damage already was done with the first email anyway, so after the email is sent, she isn't in a position anymore to blackmail you
She should rather start with some smaller calibers to show you how serious she is: i.e. first publish the emails to the exposure script, then offer to take them down again, if you obey, but threaten to make them more public, if you don't obey her orders. If you still disobey, then she could publish them to a public website with low visitors, her twitter, etc. She then still has the big gun in her arsenal and can blackmail you with using it and still you probably take her threats serious at that point and obey and in the end that should be what the script is about: blackmainling you into obedience, by showing that she has the will to expose you otherwise.
If she just fires all her ammunition at about every second player right away, like the Mandy script with email function did, then it's not really blackmail, but just straightaway expoure, which is an entirely different fetish.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:38 am 
Regular
SmokingIsSexy wrote:
pedro45 wrote:
By the way, the scripts is so new and I believe the author will add many things.

I might add some other stuff as well over time, although I can't promise anything, yet.

pedro45 wrote:

In my opinion a major shortcoming of the Mandy script with email-functionality was, that if you did not take it serious, she would just order a nuclear strike (figuratively speaking) and email your pictures to someone you know.
At that point she has no threat left anymore. Even if she held some pictures back for a second email: If your girlfriend, etc. already got 5 such pictures or so, another 5 would not make that much of a difference anymore: the damage already was done with the first email anyway, so after the email is sent, she isn't in a position anymore to blackmail you
She should rather start with some smaller calibers to show you how serious she is: i.e. first publish the emails to the exposure script, then offer to take them down again, if you obey, but threaten to make them more public, if you don't obey her orders. If you still disobey, then she could publish them to a public website with low visitors, her twitter, etc. She then still has the big gun in her arsenal and can blackmail you with using it and still you probably take her threats serious at that point and obey and in the end that should be what the script is about: blackmainling you into obedience, by showing that she has the will to expose you otherwise.
If she just fires all her ammunition at about every second player right away, like the Mandy script with email function did, then it's not really blackmail, but just straightaway expoure, which is an entirely different fetish.

Yes, step by step is the right way. Because disobeying can be arose from force majeure. Also, there should always be bona fide exit options.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:58 am 
Shy
When I use this script, I always get stuck after clicking I understand and want to continue. I have used the latest version and confirmed that there are no other system problems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:45 pm 
Regular
ddgzs2011 wrote:
When I use this script, I always get stuck after clicking I understand and want to continue. I have used the latest version and confirmed that there are no other system problems

Please lower the getRandom value in line 23 to 1000000 an check if that helps.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:36 am 
Newcomer
pedro45 wrote:
SmokingIsSexy wrote:
pedro45 wrote:

pedro45 wrote:

Yes, step by step is the right way. Because disobeying can be arose from force majeure. Also, there should always be bona fide exit options.

Speaking off the email functionality is there a way to just turn it off entirely in ss or is it entirely up to the scriptmaker? I know it's not quite as exciting without it but the option would be nice even if it probably doesn't really work right now.