de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Re: Strip or Die
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:40 pm 
Veteran
I just downloaded the zip file from the main scripts page, and everything's there.... Will you please try again?

Profile Send private message 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:40 pm 
Regular
I re-downloaded it and extracted the zip file into the sexscripts folder like I've done with other scripts. I'm still missing images and coding. As far as I can tell the only thing getting extracted is the main script and all of the supplemenal stuff is missing. Is it possible that you and maybe other users have the files already from a previous download that contained the images and other stuff? I'm using Windows and I haven't had any problems with other scripts. Your zip file has a scripts folder that only contains the groovy file from what I can tell. Or maybe I'm just extracting it wrong somehow. It's obvious others are running the script without issues.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:06 pm 
Veteran
That's really strange. I'm 100% sure that the latest zip has all of the images and sounds, as I downloaded it and extracted it to a separate location. Unless the sexscripts server is somehow sending two versions? Do you have a different unzipping utility you can try? I'm baffled.

It does look like others are using the latest script with no problem, so maybe it's something system-specific?

I have found new male player and female player pics, and will incorporate those later tonight. Hopefully that will sort whatever is going on.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:55 pm 
Site Admin
The zip file is strange, indeed, there's a "." folder that contains other files.

In the script, there are "./" added in the "resources" part. Did this part was created and filled automatically or manually ?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:18 pm 
Veteran
Ah! Maybe that explains it. The dots were automatic. I thought they were normal. I'll try again and manually delete the dots...

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:35 pm 
Veteran
Ok, new version posted! Hopefully this fixes the resource issues some of you were having. Please let me know...

I was able to find some male and female player pics I could use, so those are now included. It's difficult finding a picture series that includes shoes and socks, and strips in the right order.

This also fixes some very minor issues and spelling. Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:14 am 
Veteran
It looks like everything is working now, and I'm close to taking this out of testing mode. I'll wait 24 hours and make sure no issues crop up. The latest update adds additional pictures of electrodes as well as a slightly refined cheat detector.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION, or you may be wrongly accused of cheating.

A lot of people are already using the higher-risk webcam mode. Anybody actually play with an e-stim unit (or other painful consequence)? How'd it go? How'd you feel? Any feedback?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:17 pm 
Site Admin
There will be a new release of SexScripts this week that will correct this "./" bug.

I validated the script with the communication ; an "internet" should be now added to the list of tags. Also, there is a "estim" tag (without "-"), this could be the first script to use it !

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:40 pm 
Veteran
Ok, the latest upload fixes the tags and some text issues. Everything else is the same. If no problems are reported in the next 24 hours or so, I will change the status to "complete".

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:42 pm 
Veteran
I'm ready to publish v1.0. However, I'm temporarily getting a 503 error when publishing. Hopefully the completed version will be up later today. Thanks everyone for your help testing!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:48 pm 
Site Admin
I think I know the reason (it's perhaps something else) :

There is a funny character in the description
Code:
[...]players to see,or getting[...]

This comma is not a regular comma, but a comma from a special editor or language ? Anyway, it is interpreted as a forbidden character, so a security test stops the publication.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:50 pm 
Site Admin
Well, possibly, all non latin1 character are stopped, and that's not a good thing (at least we've not documented it, so no). Please try again with the security as modified now, without changing the sentence.

Edit : I did it myself, but you can perhaps see in the scripts page the missing character.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:32 pm 
Veteran
Thanks doti, success at last! Sorry, I must have forgotten to switch back to English for that comma.

Version 1.0 is now published, and the script is fully functional.

There is no longer a need for testing the webcam functionality, so please don't cover the camera or send blank images if you decide to play in that mode. The full game can be played with or without the webcam.

Even if you choose not to play with the webcam enabled, you'll still see a previous player, and will still have a chance to back out before committing.

Have, ummm, fun...

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:08 pm 
Veteran
Firstly well done. great script, well executed.
Nice to see some new scripts (it's been a while).

You have one small error:
In //intro the words "understand the" are repeated.

The below quote shows the biggest problem you're going to have with any WebCam script.
ptdw wrote:
There is no longer a need for testing the webcam functionality, so please don't cover the camera or send blank images if you decide to play in that mode. The full game can be played with or without the webcam.

The biggest issue you're going to find as I did with my scripts is the sending of blank images, it's frustrating and really messes with the storage and bandwidth that doti kindly supplies. There is a way around this to combat those who cover the cams. Each time a new image is taken you can check to see if that image is exactly equal to the original image taken, if it is the cam has clearly been covered and you can automatically fail the user and prevent an upload of a blank image. If you're not sure how the code for this would work let me know and I'll give you a copy.

Once again well done for an original script.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:14 am 
Veteran
lifeinplymouth, thanks for the encouragement and typo report! It seems every day I find a new text problem! :oops: I suppose I shouldn't drink while coding...

lifeinplymouth wrote:
The biggest issue you're going to find as I did with my scripts is the sending of blank images, it's frustrating and really messes with the storage and bandwidth that doti kindly supplies. There is a way around this to combat those who cover the cams

I was hoping that wouldn't be a problem with this script, as 100% of the functionality is available with or without the webcam. In fact, if someone's playing with a blacked out webcam, they're actually missing out on seeing the internal images. I've implemented your suggestions in the 1.1 release.

The new 1.1 update is now published, and will be the last update for a while, as I will be traveling. When I'm back online, I hope to finally play this myself for real. After that, I may be daring enough to try lifeinplymouth's enforced chastity... ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next