de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Wheel Of Discipline
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:04 am 
Veteran
New script, new game!

This script requires my 'Game Hub' resource package to run (for sounds and opponent images) and is fully compatible with it. See HERE for download links and more information.

Wheel of Discipline
There are two 'modes' you can play this with:

1) Punishment Mode means you spin the wheel and get spanked with whatever you spin, for a certain amount of swats. Spin several times, and that's it. I originally used this mode as a test, but left it in for those who just want a random punishment! It could also be used as a punishment by a cyber (or real) Dominant: "Make x spins on the Wheel of Discipline, brat!"

2) Game Mode is the 'meat' of this script, and is based heavily on the Pacific Force spanking video series 'Wheel of Discipline', except that you are the sole player, and you spin the wheel before answering the question. I changed this as I decided I liked the idea of the spun punishment hanging as a threat over whether you answered correctly or not! Each round, you win points to wank with at the end. If you get a question wrong, you get the spanking you spun. Optionally, the game can take away all your points when you get a question wrong too, and if you end the game with 0 points, you get a severe spanking as punishment!

As with my other games and game modifications, there are lots of config options you can change and set, to tailor the game to your preferences. You can also edit the wheel itself (add/remove implements, change swat numbers) although I've not tested that feature extensively due to known problems with SS's checking methods.

Latest Version: v1.9

Requirements
Game Hub

Download
Via SexScripts Database

Changelog
18/6/15: v1.1 fixed error in round calculation.
20/6/15: v1.2 bug fixes.
25/9/15: v1.3 uploaded to SexScripts script database, and tweaked to detect installation errors.
02/10/15: v1.4 new opponents added and bugs fixed.
27/05/16: v1.8 new opponents added.
25/09/16: v1.9 new opponent added.

Future Improvement Ideas:
The main place this can/should be expanded is in adding questions. If anyone wants to suggest a new question category, let me know as it isn't hard to add new ones, and even easier to just add new questions to the existing categories.
I'm also open to alternative "rewards" at the end in place of the slightly boring "now you can wank" (I couldn't think of anything else at the time that was more creative, sorry).
I also considered making the questions "timed", so you have to answer more quickly! What do people think?

Last edited by Banjo on Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 24 times in total.

Profile Send private message 

Re: Banjo's Wheel of Discipline (download included) v1.0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:46 am 
Veteran
Banjo wrote:
I have to say, I'm honestly a bit disheartened at the lack of responses my last thread has got so far; I was waiting for more feedback there before working on and posting this. However, since it's now working and at a playable standard, I thought I'd share this here rather than let all the work go to waste in case anyone wants to play it. If nothing else, I learned a lot both in trying to code this and looking up trivia questions! :)

Don't think its you or your script, its been a slow couple of weeks.. maybe everyone is too busy spanking themselves to your scripts :roll:

You can't take something off the Internet - it's like taking pee out of a pool.
https://play-clan.site profile: Liz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:33 pm 
Addict
Banjo, I seem to be missing some sounds (wheel spins, buzzer, score). Edit: found them in the Game Hub latest download.

My first game went 6 rounds, not 5. Same with the second play through. (Game round is being initialized as 0, but on line 1492 in the while statement you have <=, this should just be a <

The deception of an outer and inner ring for the spanking is misleading, since you have different stroke amounts based on implement. Unless the inner ring would have different values on it used for different implement categories. Just a minor, nitpicky realism thing. Especially when looking at the code and seeing that it is just one big wheel.

One thing I could think of to fix this is have the inner wheel be smaller numbers, something up to 20 maybe, but then have the smaller implements be a per cheek punishment. or have the outer wheel be an implement and a base stroke/spank number, and have the inner wheel be a multiplier (.5, 1, 2, and a small chance of 4) or something.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:52 am 
Veteran
I can only hope so, Liz... :)

Thanks for the feedback, Marspank. I've hopefully fixed the round error in update v1.1 (see first post).

As for the wheel description, the image attached what it actually "looks like" (except with a "safe" space added), hence why you noticed it generates the results it does as one big wheel, since the number of swats relate to the implement (presumably so that you don't spin 50 with the cane!). So the slightly unexpected aspect of how the wheel works is actually a *fault* of my own nitpicky realism (copying the original PF wheel design). :)

I do agree that the description is a bit confusing and welcome any help in the rules description. I originally wanted to just show an image of the wheel (also when it spins) but my concern was that this would prevent letting the user customize the wheel with their own implements and swat numbers (since the image would not reflect this).

To be honest, I could certainly have come up with a "better" wheel design (like the one you describe), and that was my original plan, when I was going to fully simulate a "Wheel of Fortune" style game with those hangman-style puzzles, but in the end (mainly for nostalgia's sake, re: the Pacific Force videos) I wanted to recreate the experience of playing "their" version of the game show as closely as possible, with the only deliberate changes being that A) the spin comes before the question to increase anticipation, B) points instead of money, C) changing a couple of numbers and implements on the wheel.

Attachments:
File comment: What the "actual" wheel looks like (it is one big wheel, and spins as such)
wheel_of_discipline.jpg
wheel_of_discipline.jpg [ 13.07 KiB | Viewed 25396 times ]

Re: Banjo's Wheel of Discipline (download included) v1.1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:33 pm 
Addict
Ah I see. The description read to me like there were to wheels spinning in opposite directions or something. I can see how the description relates to that picture though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:25 am 
Veteran
As soon as you described it, I got the same mental images as you (two actual "rings" spinning on one wheel), so I agree the description needs changing!

Something like: "The outer section of the wheel is divided up by implement. Below each implement, the inner section displays the number of swats possible for each implement" ?

Or maybe I just need to include an example image after all?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:08 am 
Veteran
I love the cruelty of being given random punishment.

This script is great!

... 6 spins :o

+ a bonus spin :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:18 pm 
Veteran
LOL! That's some bad luck, arthurb! Be glad it was just one bonus spin, though! Did you at least get "easy" implements for your spins?

Glad you like it, though... the unfairness and cruelty of the randomness is what I liked most about the whole idea (and why I kept the 'punishment mode' as well as the 'game mode'). It could also be used by a real (or virtual, like Domme) Dominant who wants to let fate decide your... fate too, I thought! "Go make three spins on the wheel!" etc.

Love that wheel image too! Wish I could have simulated something like that in the actual script to rack up the tension as it spins and slows down! :)

While I only used the same "opponent" images for this version, I did originally want to give 'game mode' more of a "Game Show" feel and use a sexy game show hostess type character. However, my attempts to find more than a single image that fitted this idea failed. :( If anyone can help, I'd still like to find a 'hostess' character!

Re: Banjo's Wheel of Discipline (includes download) v1.2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:01 am 
I really love this, Banjo! Thank you so much for all your hard work. This is your best game yet! I'll see if I can find a suitable "hostess"!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:11 pm 
Veteran
bonemouth wrote:
I really love this, Banjo! Thank you so much for all your hard work. This is your best game yet! I'll see if I can find a suitable "hostess"!

If you can find a suitable "hostess", please let me know, as I'd love to add them to the script here and give the whole thing more of a "kinky game show" vibe!

Very pleased you like it, though; it was a lot of work but a lot of fun (and a good learning experience to code, too).

I actually have thought about adding a "multiplayer" option to it, either "hotseat" or against a couple of cute AI-controlled opponents! :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:51 am 
Banjo wrote:
bonemouth wrote:

If you can find a suitable "hostess", please let me know, as I'd love to add them to the script here and give the whole thing more of a "kinky game show" vibe!

Very pleased you like it, though; it was a lot of work but a lot of fun (and a good learning experience to code, too).

I actually have thought about adding a "multiplayer" option to it, either "hotseat" or against a couple of cute AI-controlled opponents! :)

That really IS difficult to find! I think the bunny girl route could work, though: http://galleries.theonlygirls.com/Louis ... feG2aG7WUk

I'm really excited about a multiplayer option! Both of those sound excellent, but I'd get more out of some AI-controlled opponents.

Re: Banjo's Wheel of Discipline game (feedback and info thre
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:03 am 
Veteran
I like the hostess idea a lot, and a bunny girl might indeed work... regardless, I might have to add your suggestion to the opponent list anyway! :)

Multiplayer (hotseat and/or AI) is definitely something I want to attempt once I've got the time. Again, finding the right images is the biggest hassle for me.

Note that as with my other games 'collection', Wheel of Discipline has been finally uploaded to the SexScripts script database for (hopefully more!) downloads and feedback. This means that the download links here are now obsolete, though I've left them up for now in case there are bugs with the database upload versions! As before, you will still need to download 'Game Hub' (approx 25mb, also on the database) to use this and any other of my games.

Re: Banjo's Wheel of Discipline game (feedback and info thre
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:48 pm 
Veteran
Updated along with the other games (in the scripts database) to add new opponents and fix a few bugs.

Re: Wheel of Discipline (requires GameHub)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:23 am 
Veteran
Updated 27th April along with some of my other games to add new opponents. Also tidied up the first post to make it clearer what to download, and provide alternate download links.

Re: Wheel Of Discipline
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:54 pm 
It looks great. Thank you for the update.