de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Re: Domme
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:03 pm 
Shy
So today when I launched the script, it had reset. It no longer opened to the blue screen with Miss, but the standard pink one. I had to pick items and clothes again. I also lost all of my reward points. Is there a recovery or some way to get them back?

Thanks

Profile Send private message 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:01 pm 
Regular
andnostar wrote:
So today when I launched the script, it had reset. It no longer opened to the blue screen with Miss, but the standard pink one. I had to pick items and clothes again. I also lost all of my reward points. Is there a recovery or some way to get them back?

Thanks

You can set the stored values for any scripts in the data.properties file in the sexscripts root directory. For this, it's "domme.reward". If it's not already in there you can just add it on a new line.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:44 pm 
Shy
Oh, excellent.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:44 pm 
Veteran
I just saw my script, Domme, has been updated today although it has the same version.
I didn't do this. How's that possible? Someone else?
It's all right, it's free ware but please leave a note what, if changes are made.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:34 pm 
Addict
martlb wrote:
I just saw my script, Domme, has been updated today although it has the same version.
It's all right, it's free ware but please leave a note what, if changes are made.
Thank you.

It doesn't seem to run anymore either. When I run it, I get the error "No Script". It appears that whoever changed it, uploaded a new file called SMinder.groovy, which appears to be your script with a bunch of stuff pasted at the end, referring to some Milovana tease.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:41 am 
Veteran
martlb wrote:
Thank you.

It's a big issue with the script uploader that pretty much anyone can overwrite an existing script. Doti really needs to implement some sort of safeguard (password, etc.) to allow a script author only to overwrite their own scripts, as well as having the ability to delete them. It's something I mentioned a few times in the early days of SS, and something I still think is really needed to prevent even accidental overwriting of a script.

In fact, this issue is why I was really reluctant to use SS's "publish" feature rather than just uploading my scripts to a file host and posting the link. Sadly, most casual users seem to not bother reading the forums, given those off-site links get maybe 50 clicks each maximum while the file database ones for the same scripts get 1000 clicks or more! Maybe this is just a sad sign of the "click a like button rather than leave meaningful feedback" current lazy state of the internet? :(

For now, I think you should just republish your own version of Domme over the top of the new one whether it's been added to or not. If someone wants to "fork" your script, they sholuld a) ask and b) make it a separate upload.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:41 am 
Site Admin
Replaced by the previous one.
It happens about 1 time a year.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:18 am 
Veteran
doti wrote:

I still think we authors need some kind of safeguard, though.

It shouldn't be the program author's job to have to fix accidental overwrites of people's scripts, and it is only when an author notices something wrong that this will be alerted to anyway, right?

What if an author no longer visits the site and someone overwrites their script with a non-working or altered version? It would likely stay as the altered version forever and the original work would be lost.

Of course, that's discounting someone making a malicious script and uploading it over a popular one. I manually check any new script I download for internet functions, for example, but I don't bother with ones like Domme I have used a lot previously and trust the authors of.

I'm not saying this needs to be resolved quickly, nor is this the thread for such a discussion (sorry, Mart!) but that it is something I would really like to see get discussed and considered at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:37 pm 
Site Admin
Banjo wrote:
doti wrote:

It shouldn't be the program author's job to have to fix accidental overwrites of people's scripts, and it is only when an author notices something wrong that this will be alerted to anyway, right?

Moslty, it happens also when I validate a script ; it's usually 2 - 10 days after replacement, and during that time, the script is showed as not validated. Roughly it's like Wikipedia (anonymous and collaborative).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:14 pm 
Veteran
doti wrote:
Banjo wrote:
doti wrote:

Moslty, it happens also when I validate a script ; it's usually 2 - 10 days after replacement, and during that time, the script is showed as not validated. Roughly it's like Wikipedia (anonymous and collaborative).

But what about those of us whose scripts *aren't* collaborative and who wish to retain authorship of our own material?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:32 pm 
Site Admin
Banjo wrote:
But what about those of us whose scripts *aren't* collaborative and who wish to retain authorship of our own material?

You are right to host your scripts with other means then, there's no problem with that. I don't have much solution.(about this : there's now the "published/" folder to help you to do it)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:37 pm 
Shy
I can't seem to find the option to ask permission to cum, am I missing it? Or maybe I just haven't earned the option yet?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:55 pm 
Veteran
When you have done enough chores you can ask permission to have fun.
Then, if you have enough points maybe you are allowed to play a fun game in which you can cum.
You need to work for it to earn it.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:40 pm 
Veteran
Again...
Somebody seems to have uploaded my Domme script.
It wasn't me.

It's version 1.5 while the latest version I made was 1.6.
Not a big difference but anyway.

I don't know or understand why or what the reason behind this could be?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:11 pm 
Site Admin
1.6 release of 01/19/2016 will be put back on the list.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next