de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Intro (29/07) - deleted
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:41 pm 
Site Admin
I had to delete an (slightly) alternative intro script. I don't know who is the author. I highly advise against modifying standard scripts, as it will be erased by updates. Also, it differentiate installations, so that some other scripts may works for somes and not others.

Here, it was about asking for a new option, "Are you a submissive". Thoses 3 various solutions available :
- Discussion here, is this parameter useful ? Yes ? Then it's added in the standard intro script
- Add this question (or more like it) in another script. People will have to use it (download + open) to start it. It may put itself as the intro (save("intro.start_script","myscript"))
- Assumption : users of SexScripts are all submissives ; so nothing to add

Profile Send private message 

Re: Intro (29/07) - deleted
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:46 am 
Veteran
This is why I'm not keen on - though understand - the idea of the 'download scripts within the program from a database'.

I use a custom intro (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=72) and setup, because I felt some things needed to be rewritten to be clearer/nicer (e.g. adding the 'logo', slightly rewording the initial warning, etc.), and I wanted new functionality, though I went out of my way to make sure that it didn't cause any incompatibilities with future scripts run by users of the 'default' intro (same values were set, etc.). Sure, I have made suggestions for some of this to be added to the default, but certainly don't expect that everything should/will based on my own preferences, hence why I created my own rather than continue to push for "what I want". This goes the same for my own custom versions of the clothes and toys lists, which I felt needed significant expanding/was missing key items and so also made 'new versions' of to include in my new 'intro' script pack above.

I posted my custom intro for others to use, but not on the 'database' because I totally agree that people don't want to accidentally overwrite their core scripts... but if they choose to do so on purpose, that is what 'customization' is all about! :D

I was actually thinking of adding a "submissive/dominant" flag in my custom one as well, actually, but it could be something just asked at the start of scripts that needed it.

In either case, I do think it's wrong to assume every user will be purely submissive, since SS can be used to create interactive experiences of any genre; i.e. I could make a script that lets the user spank a 'virtual sub' which I'm sure some might enjoy. A 'submissive/dominant' flag would allow for scripts to tailor themselves to situations like having the dominant bring in another 'virtual' submissive, and depending on said flag, she either has her dominant the user, or lets the user dominate her.

Perhaps even "do you like to be dominated by women?" "do you like to also dominate women?" would be appropriate? (though admittedly, saying 'no' to the first one is kinda not going to leave much content... LOL!). Some users I'm sure are 'switches' while I personally know women who would 'switch' with another girl, but only be the 'top' not with a guy.

Just my two cents.

Re: Intro (29/07) - deleted
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:43 pm 
Site Admin
Thank you for your answer.

I have no problem with alternative intro script, but you should use this way to do it (as the Jewell script do).

Independently, there are 2 sets of options :
  • Quite definitive ones (who is the user, sex, ...) are in the option system, and may be created at the first install.
  • Orientations / preferences about theme are not saved, but user choose scripts with the tags
Why this separation : the second ones may change (mood of the user), and combinations are too complicated to be saved simply. Making this design choice (that have a lot of consequences) was difficult.

Submissive/dominant is among tags, it's the presence or absence of "maledom", "femaledom". But it could be ehnanced (tag "imadom" or something like that ?)