de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Discipline Clinic 4.2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:39 am 
Veteran
New version is uploaded, fully tested, and LIVE!!!!

Let me know if you see any issues.

If uploading from scratch, will need all 10 discipline packs plus the discipline clinic script.

If uploading from previous release (4.1) will only need the new script plus discipline pack 10.

Profile Send private message 

Re: Discipline Clinic 4.2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:31 am 
Shy
Thanks for this! You are awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:59 am 
Veteran
Thanks man! Enjoy.

Someone found a bug. I've made a fix and re-submitted the script. Please download 4.2.1.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:08 pm 
Veteran
ispank wrote:
New version is uploaded, fully tested, and LIVE!!!!

Let me know if you see any issues.

If uploading from scratch, will need all 10 discipline packs plus the discipline clinic script.

If uploading from previous release (4.1) will only need the new script plus discipline pack 10.

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:43 am 
Regular
Hey there! So happy to see the new update. I've just now started it up and am giving it a whirl. There does seem to be a pretty big bug with the first time session.

A couple of things, the part where she's explaining where you can buy good implements is gone. Not that big a deal, but it does just cut from, "I'm gonna show you some cost effective implements" to something else, so it looks like something may have happened there.

After finishing setting up your profile, it just sends you to the disciplinarian. I could be misremembering, but I remember there being special dialogue for your first spanking, but it doesn't do that. It just sends you through to a disciplinarian, so I don't know if that was cut at all.

The biggest bug I ran into was when you're talking to your first disciplinarian, she asks you a question, you're response is either Yes or "I'm only here to make a report." If you do the latter, she gets angry at you and says you're slated for a maintenance spanking. If you say yes, the spanking is skipped and it kicks you out. When you reopen, you still can't access settings because it thinks it's your first time, but when you go into the clinic, Brianna recognizes that you just received a spanking a few minutes ago and that you have to wait an hour, even though no spanking happened.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:09 am 
Veteran
Hi curious. Thanks for reporting what this. If others are seeing something similar please reach out.

This one may be specific to your start state from when you downloaded. I thought that I tested updates from all potential previous versions but maybe not.

Can you help me out a bit. What was the previous version you used before updating? Or did you start from scratch? Almost seems like you may have started from scratch (as it sounds as if you went through the initial setup).

Also, what is your maintenance period set to?

Also, it definitely shouldn't send you straight to the disciplinarian, but that behavior might help me pin the problem down.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:48 pm 
Shy
Quote:
Also, it definitely shouldn't send you straight to the disciplinarian, but that behavior might help me pin the problem down.

My experience was that after the receptionist explained everything I was sent off to the disciplinarian...without selecting an offense...she checked my offense list, saw that I had none and then sent me back out...it was not until I launched again that I was actually able to have a session. This was a from a totally new session. I deleted data.properties during my testing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:45 pm 
Veteran
Ok, based on feedback, I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is. I should be able to fix it soon.

Just an FYI, there is no need to delete the data file when updating. You can if you want to start fresh, but t's actually better if you keep it so that you retain all current offenses and a bunch of other data that I save off for you. Also, most of my testing is done with the new script running against a known data file from the previous release.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, keep it coming! It's impossible for me to test all threads on my own, but getting this feedback helps me immensely to keep the script running well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:11 pm 
Veteran
Fixes have been published. Please go ahead and download 4.2.2.

I've fixed the issue with the toy recommendation.

I've also adjusted how the program works when you run a new release for the first time, it should now work for all previous versions as well as a fresh start with a clean data.properties file.

The flow still works better if you simply keep the data.properties intact from your previous version (plus it maintains a bunch of data from your previous visits). That said, if you want to start fresh for whatever reason, the storyline works well for that as well.

One thing to note for people who are not familiar with the data.properties file. You can always save it off if you need to and re-use it. A good reason for this would be if you bought a new laptop/tablet or are switching between devices. Just save off that data file and replace it on the new device. This will make sure you keep your history intact for all of the scripts you run. I do this for testing all of the time. I don't want the test to impact my current data file so I save it off as data.properties.bak and then when I'm done testing, I just replace the test data file with the one I saved.

Happy spanking!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:21 am 
Shy
Thank you for the update, I was definitely looking forward to this! I was wondering about the genital spanking though. I did a few sessions and haven't been able to get it to happen. Is there a way to make it more common or is there a specific mistress that does it. I've only been with Alexis and Audrey so far.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:34 pm 
Veteran
Right now, there are 2 ways to get this punishment.

Show spoiler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:48 pm 
Veteran
Very nice seeing this script further improved and developed!
My weeks before Christmas are always the most busy ones of the year but finally had a moment to run it today.
I hope you will continue improving this one as well as your other scripts, ispank!
Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:50 pm 
Regular
This script is so great and I'm thankful for all the continued work you've put into it. The dommes' tones when scolding you, calling you young man and such add a lot of feeling to it. I love the introduction of the CBT extra punishment.

Is there any way to have to write less than the maximum number of lines at a time? I get 17 every time, and it'd be interesting I think to set it much higher, but get 17 one time, then 12 the next, then 26, rather than 17 every time. Maybe it could scale with offense level. Regardless, the script is fantastic and I'm eager to see where you take it next. Thanks again

I also feel i should thank martlb for the initial script.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:52 pm 
Veteran
Thanks for the kind words Martlb and iii.

I definitely plan to continue improving this. I already have plans for the next couple of releases. I'd like to start making more frequent smaller releases. Hopefully I can make this happen.

Really good advice on the number of lines. I've never really thought about the fact that its the same each time. You can increase your max lines in the settings. Also, once in a while the receptionist will ask you if you'd like to increase them. Let me give this some though!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:25 pm 
Regular
After running it again, the cbt might be my favorite part of the whole thing now, and I would love to see it expanded, but maybe that's just because it's the newest addition. Also, I indirectly got my wish because Allison had me do 51 lines straight after I lied to see what would happen. Cheers