de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Spanking Dice (updated 14/8/11)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:14 am 
Veteran
I wrote a long post explaining this script, and it deleted itself when I pressed 'submit'! :( So, unfortunately, here's the short(er) version:

This script is an adaption of a 'pen and paper' game posted here (http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 941AAi1IaJ) by Lucy Grey. I have no way to contact the creator, sadly, so if you read this... let me know if you disapprove!

I've kept this version as close to her original idea as possible, but intend to 'expand' it to better use SexScripts' interactive/narrative capabilities soon.

Right now, it takes into account some of your settings (mainly your gender, and if you are straight, gay or bi), but doesn't check if you have the toys it asks for; that, pictures, and a revamp that lets you 'play along' rather than have to remember/write down the result of each roll before doing anything.

This is a very simple script, really just something I did to practice working with the program and language, but I thought others might enjoy it. If others can confirm it works okay for them, I'll upload/publish it 'properly' to the website and look at tweaking/improving it too!

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://bit.ly/oSFYjp

(more scripts/conversions on the way soon!)

EDIT: Link updated with v1.1 (better 'virtual dice'). Next version will use toys and add more (sexy!) images. :)

EDIT: Link updated with v1.2 (more images and random cruelty!). Toys list use still to come. Offsite link due to limited attachment size.

EDIT: Link updated with v1.3 (now uses your Toys List to check for implements, and rerolls if you don't have the one selected), reupped a couple of hours later to fix spoon bug, so make sure you have the latest version!

EDIT: Link updated with v1.4 (minor tweaks to work with - or without - my 'Enhanced Setup' script system, see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=72)

Last edited by Banjo on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:37 am, edited 10 times in total.

Profile Send private message 

Re: SCRIPT - Spanking Dice
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:42 am 
Site Admin
Great !

You provide this script here, and not using the "publish" function in the software itself. Something went wrong ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:45 pm 
Veteran
Sorry, I just posted it like this since I consider this a 'beta' version, since I'm the only one who's used it yet. Once I know it works okay for other people (especially non-"straight male" 'playthroughs', which isn't tested much), I'll happily publish it properly.

I also guess it's a force of habit from my CyberMistress days... we used to have 'beta testers' there where I'd share work-in-progress scripts first on a limited basis, to make sure they were working before posting them to the wider community. Not the same thing here, but my first instinct was to create a topic for the script to get feedback, etc. on. I want to encourage feedback too... otherwise, it may be too tempting for people to just download and not comment. :)

One thing I was unsure of, though, is how much control the 'publish' function gives you once it's been used to upload a script to the website. Can you then later delete a script once it's been published... say, if I make a newer version or have to take something down due to concerns?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:34 pm 
Site Admin
The status may be used for that. I'll see later, but saving a lot of files directly in the forum may be hard to manage here, so it lay be disabled later.

I ran it without any failure. I'l prefer it with some picture.
You do not need "blank.png", you should use setImage(null) instead.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:46 am 
Veteran
Thanks for testing!

Next version/update will have pictures! :)

I'm equally happy to provide an offsite "download link" for work-in-progress scripts, or until we are able to change/delete scripts uploaded with the 'publish' function. (this is what we used to do with CM too).

blank.png was used to add a 'space' (margin) between the left of the screen and the text. I had used "setImage(null)" previously and it worked fine, and that's a *very* useful function to have (when I add images to this script, neither will be needed).

Re: Spanking Dice
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:08 am 
Site Admin
"Publish" overwrites existing script.

Re: Spanking Dice
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:31 am 
Veteran
Excellent. How about 'removing' (deleting) a script you previously published, though?

PS Link in the first post updated with v1.3.

Re: Spanking Dice (updated 6/8/11)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:34 am 
Site Admin
Tested it, everything is fine.
I would have not send back to intro at the end.

Not knowing the consequences of dice roll make perhaps them, a little bit, not fully, useless. Perhaps saying, before the roll, "highest is worst" or something like that, would make the user a little more nervous.

Re: Spanking Dice (updated 6/8/11)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:35 am 
Veteran
Great spanking script! Things like this always race my heart beat!

After deciding what to do and how to spank I would prefer a guiding actually doing it, meaning repeating what was decided and a guiding sound during the spanking. Of course that means a long extension of the script. Just telling me something which I have to do, does feel sometimes silly during doing. A guiding with sound makes it more real.

Images are done great. Only the image of the mistress itself is too old and too much used in the past. But thanks anyway! Can’t wait to try more spanking scripts from you!

Re: Spanking Dice (updated 14/8/11)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:40 am 
Veteran
Thanks for the feedback... glad you liked it!

I agree with you about getting your resulting spanking in a 'guided' format... that's planned for version 2.0! :)

As for the pictures... yes, this uses SexScripts' default image, unless you're using my 'Default Dominant' settings (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=72). I'd like to add custom pics to this that fit the theme (a sexy "dice girl") but have had no luck finding appropriate pictures online... any help there from anyone is appreciated!

(1.4 is a minor update to help with picture variation, for now... see first post)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:36 pm 
Site Admin
Perhaps this script should be published, as it is now sunk in topics, sus not viewed by newcomers.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:29 am 
Newcomer
When I try to load or check the script I get this:

1:27:16 AM Start parsing
Error org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
Script1.groovy: 36: Invalid variable name. Must start with a letter but was: 
. At [36:3] @ line 36, column 3.
// SPANKING DICE
^

1 error

1:27:16 AM End parsing

It's really odd. I haven't written scripts in awhile but when I loaded it up to try to figure it out, I couldn't see what was wrong, and when I just deleted the entire "if" tree that it was complaining about, it gave the exact same error even though something completely different was in line 36.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:00 pm 
Site Admin
The error is in the very beginning of the script, delete the first (strange) character.

It's a long standing bug, as I thought I corrected it, but alas not for every system. The next release of SS will include it (today ?)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:06 pm 
Veteran
Heh, yes... I remember discussing that bug with you and assumed it was fixed too! Cool to hear it will finally be so.

And yeah, I haven't forgotten SexScripts, just been super busy with "real life". :( Since I started my own blog recently, I was wondering if it was okay if I did a "feature" on SexScripts next month, to hopefully bring some new users/script makers to the site and program?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:24 pm 
Site Admin
Of course, as I'm not sure about the "feature" term, let me know if you have some doubt about the form (I trust you about the content)