de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Concentration
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:53 pm 
New game.

I've had some bits of code as smaller-challenges in other scripts that I never used. I thought I would rewrite what I had into its own thing.

This is a set of challenges that test how well you can paid attention whilst being distracted. It finds a list of images that you have in the SexScripts Folder (by default). It then shows randomly pictures while you have to complete a task.

Additionally you can get higher scores if you add things to make it harder.

There is no reward of punishment aspect but does keep track high scores so could be used with other things.

I haven't found any bugs in a bit but might still be some.

You can adjust the difficulty of each game but haven't fully tested how consistently that affects things.

Let me know any comments. Have fun.

Profile Send private message 

Re: Concentration
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:37 pm 
Veteran
It looks like you have a problem displaying pictures. I get "Missing File" on each one. I think you list the images directory twice....

The error report shows Missing File: .\images\images\Ashley\AshleyYHBS....."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:10 am 
Well that is annoying, sorry about that. I have never had such an error.

I'm also not quite sure how it would cause it. The script just looks for files with a .jpg extension and then saves their directory path straight to a master list. It doesn't have any string concatenation or anything based on their folders which might cause such a problem.

I have only run it on Windows, and am not great at file management code so may have made a mistake somewhere.

Might need a better person than me to investigate. If still no luck I can rewrite the code to just extract pictures from one folder (not subfolders) which should be more stable.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:11 pm 
Veteran
This script works perfectly for me, running it on a MacBook.
Very nice to see a new script again from you, SomeGuy!
It amazes me, you came again with some new games!
I only played it once, lacking time for more but I do like it.
I saw pictures from my harddrive again I totally forgot they existed!
That was indeed fun and brought back some memories. :D
Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:43 pm 
Shy
Running on Mac (OSX 11.1) I also get the same error.

Haven't confirmed any of this but I think for
Code:
setImage(filepath)
filepath is relative to images, but the way you are populating the list of possible images includes "images/" in the file path returned, this maybe related to how different OS return the file paths when looped through (although martlb's post would potentially seem to disprove this) causing the duplication in the input to setImage()

Java and Groovy aren't languages I'm particular familiar with to know how to fix it,
but if I get chance I'll see if I can work out enough to get some debug info out of it when running on a Mac that may give others a clue.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:30 pm 
Shy
Just took quick look and SomeGuy22006 had most of the code needed to prove some of what's going on commented out so saved a lot of trying to work out what I'd need.

commented out was:
Code:
allImages=allImages[1..10]
show(allImages)
showButton("OK")

running this returns a list of the images in the form
Quote:
[images/deault-female.jpg, images/alice.jpg ....etc]

so it is returning "images..." in this case

to prove things I edited to be:
Code:
allImages=allImages[1..10]
show(allImages)
showButton("OK")
setImage("default-female.jpg")
showButton("OK")
setImage(allImages[1].toString())
showButton("OK")

and when ran,

setImage("default-female.jpg") - works as expected
where as
setImage(allImages[1].toString()) - throws the error Missing File: .\images\images\default-female.jpg

I expect if ran on windows this may be different which is causing the issue on Mac,
(unless you happen to have an "images/images..." directory by any remote chance)

Haven't got a windows machine I can use to test on so If SomeGuy22006 could run the equivalent we may be able to prove there is a difference.

not sure what the fix would be without breaking one or the other platform.

I wouldn't really want to suggest attempting string manipulation on every found path because of the overheads it could potentially create especially when not needed on some platforms, unless there is a way in groovy to catch a file not found exception when displaying an image and then strip the "images/" from the string only at the point of attempting to display. which would reduce some of the potential overheads.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:08 pm 
I'm having the same issue on Windows.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:46 am 
Veteran
Should have included in my original post. I'm running Windows as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:40 pm 
Still not sure exactly the problem.

My system when trying to find images saves the full file address right from c:\... etc.
It might be SexScripts overrides starting from working directory to load it.

Other people I think it is saving the address from (and including) the image folder.

As the issue doesn't happen to me I can't be sure I've fixed it but I've put an update out.

This takes the image address and extracts only the part after the image folder. I've made the adjustment optional, but with it on by default. It doesn't seem to slow down the loading of images for me.

Let me know if that solves it for people. The alternative is that is only uses one dedicated folder, but you won't get the same large random display I had hoped for.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:42 pm 
Shy
Yep can confirm that seems to have fixed it here at least.

*putting on my work code review hat* Its weekend I really should stop

I did spot one potential issue,
Although it's It an unlikely occurrence and would only happen a handful of times in the script when running.
after a quick look at the images for however may scripts I've got downloaded I can't find an instance of it happening, and the SS folder structure would make it fairly illogical for someone to do it (but I wouldn't rule out someone doing it entirely)

But thought I'd mentioning it here incase someone experiences it in the future and comes looking as It may save them some troubleshooting time.

if a script for whatever reason structures its images to be:
"<ss directory>/images/<scriptname>/images/name.jpg"

the correction code converts it to "/name.jpg" which in turn throws the missing file error.

maybe checking the substring of the the first 7 chars is equal to "images/" would be an option rather than searching for "images" in the string.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:26 pm 
Thanks for the confirmation. Enjoy the game. Hopefully the rest works smoothly.

I was vaguely aware there would be issues if folders were still structured in an unexpected way but wanted to get an update out that worked so hopefully the edge cases won't be an issue.

There is almost certainly a better solution but I also wanted to be careful as my file paths strings seemed to be very different to others so didn't want to confuse the code for that either.

If I ever have reason to make an update I will think again about this bit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:12 am 
Regular
Great fun game.

I love that you have taken a fairly simple game and turned it into a real challenge. Have played a few times now the reaction time one seems the hardest.

Lots of fun keep up the good work.