de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

getImage() causing hang on new Mac OS
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:23 pm 
Veteran
today I though I'd get round to sorting my script but I am getting an issue with the getImage() command.
it causes sexscripts to hang permanently.
I have checked my java version and ensured I have the latest version of ss installed.
just in case this is the issue I am running MacOS Mojave 10.14

error log follows:
Code:
[Thread-5] INFO com.github.sarxos.webcam.Webcam - WebcamDefaultDriver capture driver will be used
[atomic-processor-1] INFO com.github.sarxos.webcam.ds.cgt.WebcamOpenTask - Opening webcam FaceTime HD Camera 0x1420000005ac8600
[atomic-processor-1] WARN com.github.sarxos.webcam.ds.buildin.WebcamDefaultDevice - Null array pointer found instead of image
[atomic-processor-1] ERROR com.github.sarxos.webcam.ds.buildin.WebcamDefaultDevice - Images bytes buffer is null!
[frames-refresher-[0x1420000005ac8600]] ERROR com.github.sarxos.webcam.ds.buildin.WebcamDefaultDevice - Timeout when requesting image!
[frames-refresher-[0x1420000005ac8600]] ERROR com.github.sarxos.webcam.ds.buildin.WebcamDefaultDevice - Timeout when requesting image!
[shutdown-hook-1] INFO com.github.sarxos.webcam.WebcamShutdownHook - Automatic FaceTime HD Camera 0x1420000005ac8600 deallocation
[shutdown-hook-1] INFO com.github.sarxos.webcam.Webcam - Disposing webcam FaceTime HD Camera 0x1420000005ac8600

Profile Send private message 

Re: getImage() causing hang on new Mac OS
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:04 am 
Site Admin
I did a release with the last release of the webcam library (webcam-capture-0.3.12), perhaps it'll be better.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:52 pm 
Veteran
on Mac the new download throws "this archive has errors" message. viewing the zip file shows half the files missing.
on windows "unexpected end of file error "

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:47 pm 
Site Admin
Yes corrupted, good now

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:36 pm 
Veteran
unfortunately it did not fix the original issue :(

I have been able to get hold of a windows machine briefly and can confirm there are no issues running the same script.

Unfortunately it looks like sexscripts will loose MacOS functionality when the full version of Mojave is released.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:47 am 
Site Admin
We'll have to wait a solution by the library programmers then. But it's only the webcam, so he worst case will be considering those specific Mac computers as without webcam.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:42 am 
Veteran
doti wrote:
We'll have to wait a solution by the library programmers then. But it's only the webcam, so he worst case will be considering those specific Mac computers as without webcam.

Unfortunately, uploading a picture is also broken on the Mac, at least the last time I checked. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:16 am 
Site Admin
What happens on sendImage() on a Mac ? You see an error message ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:49 pm 
Veteran
doti wrote:

unfortunately not quite correct, any script that calls getImage freezes the script it does not revert to asking for a file as it would in windows

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:06 am 
Veteran
doti wrote:
What happens on sendImage() on a Mac ? You see an error message ?

A dialog with "Error null"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:19 am 
Site Admin
Can you put here the part of the code showing that and the corresponding content of errors.log ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:01 am 
Veteran
doti wrote:
Can you put here the part of the code showing that and the corresponding content of errors.log ?

Sorry for the delay...yes, will do soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:28 pm 
Veteran
doti wrote:

Hi doti, here's my sendImage error log:

Mon Jul 30 19:26:43 CST 2018
os.name : Mac OS X
os.arch : x86_64
java.version : 1.8.0_171
java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:277)
at ss.desktop.Script.sendImage(Script.java:828)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite$PogoCachedMethodSite.invoke(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:169)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite.callCurrent(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:59)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallCurrent(CallSiteArray.java:52)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:154)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:158)
at ss.FullScript_test.run(script1532950001761117059677.groovy:61)
at ss.desktop.MainFrame$2.run(MainFrame.java:619)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:55 pm 
Site Admin
ptdw wrote:
doti wrote:
[...]
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:277)
at ss.desktop.Script.sendImage(Script.java:828)
[...]

Thank you
It means that sendImage(filename) was called with a null character string as the filename. So it must be an error before calling sendImage(), for example reading a null value in the properties or something like that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:15 pm 
Veteran
Oops, sorry about that. Ignore my error log. I forgot to add a getFile(). Here's the code:

Code:
def test = null
test = getFile()
sendImage(test)

Running this, there is no error generated in the log. The entire script just locks up on the getFile() line, and I have to force quit Java to use the computer again.