de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Error with Autosave.groovy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:39 pm 
I have been getting an error message popping up at random times (i.e. often when I'm not even running sexscripts at all, which is disturbing). It reads as follows:

Could not write : java.io.FileNotFoundException: scripts\autosave.groovy (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)

I have a script called autosave.groovy among my scripts but I'm unsure what script it is associated with. I have been running the "sub control" script lately in its various iterations.

Any suggestions on what I should do? (running Windows 7, if that matters.)

Profile Send private message 

Re: Error with Autosave.groovy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:31 am 
Site Admin
I have no direct simple solution, I'll explain.
This file is only wrote by SexScripts main process. It is never read. Writing happens every 10 minutes if the editor is open. I checked the related code : simple, no obvious problem.
The error is : another process (of the same software or another) is writing in it at the same time (using the file mapping APIs - hsared memory). It is Windows related.

The most probable cause I see : an virus scanner, or two, open it for something. That can be also a virus itself that cause this (less probable).

You may also add this line at the end of data.properties (then save it and relaunch SexScripts), that will stop the autosaver :
Code:
application.editor.assistlevel = 254

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:23 pm 
You may also add this line at the end of data.properties (then save it and relaunch SexScripts), that will stop the autosaver :
Code:
application.editor.assistlevel = 254
[/quote]

Thanks for getting back to me. At the risk of sounding really stupid, could explain how I do that? I'm a total luddite, so I don't even know how to open the data.properties file.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:48 pm 
Site Admin
You'll see a "data.properties" file in the main folder of SexScripts. Open it with a text editor. Notepad may be problematic (no carriage return), but notepad++, pspad, context, vi, ultraedit, ... will do the trick. Avoid OpenOffice or Word for that. Wordpad may be ok.
Add the line, save, and restart SexScripts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:42 pm 
Thank you, doti. That worked like a charm. You are a wizard!