de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

intro.start_script problems
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:51 am 
Veteran
Something I've noticed that's confused me:

Although recommended for changing SexScripts' "runs on startup" script (rather than replacing 'intro.groovy' completely), 'intro.start_script' in 'data.properties' doesn't seem to always work correctly.

Even though I have it set to a different script (in my case, 'welcome.groovy'), occasionally (seemingly at random) the old 'intro.groovy' loads instead when I start SexScripts. Checking the data.properties file reveals that intro.start_script is correct ('intro.start_script=welcome') so it's not like it got reset unknowingly. It just seems like SexScripts "decides" to use intro.groovy every so often!

Any idea what's causing this bug or why it might happen? Is there a way to make SURE that 'intro.start_script' works 100% of the time unless changed on purpose?

Profile Send private message 

Re: intro.start_script problems
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:44 pm 
Site Admin
This this a bug. I didn't know about and could not reproduce (if I remember well, it is used in Jewell). What is your platform, and may it be related to something like this ?
- starting it more than one time at the same time
- computer very slow
- editing (with another editor) the data.properties file during this start/stop
- using a special file (other than sexscripts.exe) to run SexScripts ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:58 pm 
Veteran
It seems to be very random. My intro.start_script is set to "system/welcome" (actual script is "welcome.groovy"). What's odd is that it doesn't happen ALL the time, just when it feels like it. The script runs fine when opened normally, but only sometimes opens when I load SexScripts.

I just tried opening multiple instances of SexScripts, and the first one used the wrong intro.groovy (ignoring intro.start_script completely) while the second instance of the program loaded the right script on launch!

So, I tried closing both instances and opening the program again. Loaded welcome.groovy. Tried again... worked correctly again. Tried again... loaded intro.groovy. I checked data.properties, and intro.start_script was still set to "system/welcome" though, so it's not changing that line, just ignoring it sometimes.

(tried three more times: 1st=intro.groovy, 2nd=intro.groovy, 3rd=welcome.groovy)

Very odd bug! I was at first wondering if it was like CyberMistress and was programmed to do certain stuff after counting how many times you ran the program. But what you said makes me sure this isn't intended behavior at all.

Manually editing data.properties or doing so via a script works, but again only "at random". It's still not consistent.

It also makes no difference if I'm rendering a huge scene in Poser and slowing the computer to a crawl, or running nothing else. Same "chance" of the right script being loaded, it seems.

Using a batch file, one that just contains:
Code:
sexscripts.exe system/welcome
loads the right script every single time... so surely it has to be something to do with "intro.start_script" then?

Oh, and if it makes any difference, I'm on Windows 7 x64.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:53 pm 
Site Admin
Ok, I saw it, and it'll be corrected very soon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:18 pm 
Veteran
doti wrote:
Ok, I saw it, and it'll be corrected very soon

Thanks! I'm just glad I'm not going crazy and it was an actual bug! One of those things where I wasn't sure if I was doing something to cause it or even imagining it! :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:20 am 
Veteran
Is the fix available for this?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:21 pm 
Site Admin
As I know, the last releases are working well, about this.