de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Issues with sound?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:56 am 
Shy
I've been trying to make my own script, and I've recorded a few small bits of audio. However, SexScripts doesn't appear to want to play them. I've tried mp3 and WMA files, neither work. I had the same issue with pictures, some pictures it would just not show. I couldn't figure out why, ended up having to resave them.

Profile Send private message 

Re: Issues with sound?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:31 am 
For sound files, the supported formats in SexScripts are wav and mp3. For pictures the supported formats are jpg, gif and png. The mp3 files you have recorded should be played, if they don't maybe you recorded them in a too large bitrate? You can try to low it. You can also try to update java in your system to the newest version, for if it is coming from there the issue.

And make sure you are putting the path the right way, It must be relative to the sounds folder for sounds, or to the images folder for pictures. For example, to show the default female picture that is in the images folder we wouldn't use "images/default-female.jpg", we would use "default-female.jpg":

Code:
setImage("images/default-female.jpg")  // This is wrong!
setImage("default-female.jpg")  // This is correct!

And if you have your picture in a subfolder called "myScript" for example, in the images folder, the right way of showing it is:

Code:
SetImage("myScript/myPic.jpg")

Also if you want to open unsupported sound files (like wma or ogg) and pictures (like tiff or bmp) you can use the useFile command from the api, but it will open them outside SexScripts:
Code:
// To show a picture:
useFile("images/coolPic.bmp")

// To play a sound:
useFile("sounds/coolSound.wma")

And with this last option the paths must be relative to the SexScripts folder.

Profile Send private message