de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Quick test of 1.4 (remaining glitches, etc.)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:34 am 
Veteran
Hi Doti!

I just gave 1.4 a quick spin, and these are the results:

FIXED:
"?" in getSelectedvalue works perfectly now... fixed as discussed! Thanks!

UNFIXED:
Using show(null) prints "null" onscreen when used, while show("") works fine.
Videos still won't play (same error), either in my own scripts or the test.groovy one.

CM SCRIPT CONVERSION PROBLEM:
A converted CM script using "wildcards" (as I explained with my Ashley ones) still doesn't recognize the images when the script runs... eg:
Code:
Missing file: images\AshleyYHBS\#value(ashley_outfit_AD)05.jpg
meaning that while the script now starts without errors, and the editor checking (apart from manually having to change the \ to / as described in my other thread) returns no errors... SS either doesn't handle the conversion correctly (#value), or is unable to do this, and the whole script must be recoded to use setRandom or some similar process to replicate this (a daunting thought indeed, but perhaps the only way to do it).

(I still think test.groovy should ask "open CD trays?", "send email", etc. at those points in the test, though the warning is definitely an improvement)

Profile Send private message 

Re: Quick test of 1.4 (remaining glitches, etc.)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:58 pm 
Site Admin
"show(null)" works for me (showing nothing), perhaps there's something else.

Send me the "picture=..." clause from the CM script, as the conversion of this sort of things works for me also.

About the video : does it works currently for you when you double-click of the very same video ?

Edit : the online release had big problems, it was uploaded again, this may explain all things above.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:14 pm 
Veteran
Just tried 1.41:

THE GOOD:

show(null) now works as expected... yay! :)

Video plays, though it opens Windows Media Player to do so (that is, not within SexScripts), but if I recall that's what should happen since this is a temporary way to handle video until native video playback is added to SS. At least it works now!

Love the little icons in the menus!!!

THE BAD:

For some reason, something's different somewhere dealing with converted Milovana scripts, since running (with no changes at all) the conversion that worked fine (besides the video bug) with this version gave the following error:
Code:
Error org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
script1325343232261538362911.groovy: 17: unexpected token: - @ line 17, column 38.
   public class FullScript_milovana_2398-Jerkogram extends ss.Script {
Checking the script in the editor calls the same error too, but I don't understand what it means to even try and fix it!

Attempting to convert a CM routine to a SS script now adds extra "\" to each "\" (so "\n\n" is converted to "\\n\\n" which therefore shows up in the script text when run)... which didn't happen in version 1.3).

Also, in order to better troubleshoot the CM conversion problems, I tried to convert my main 'core' Ashley routine, but I got the following error:
Code:
Error org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
script1325344412341439658360.groovy: 287: The current scope already contains a variable of the name flag24
@ line 287, column 6.
      def flag24=loadInteger("ashleybabysitter.ashley_met");

It seems the conversion created this section:
Code:
case "AshHBhermood":
   def flag24=loadInteger("ashleybabysitter.ashley_badmood");
   if(flag24!=null && getTime()<flag24) {
      block="AshHBhavewemet"
      break
   }
   def flag24=loadInteger("ashleybabysitter.ashley_met");
   if(flag24!=null && getTime()<flag24) {
      block="AshHBhavewemet"
      break
   }
but since I don't really understand fully how the conversion works, I didn't know why it's making two "flag24" entries that are causing the error and stopping me running the script.

Again, I am happy to PM you the script(s) I'm trying to convert, Doti, if that helps.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:57 pm 
Site Admin
All should be ok in the today's release.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:06 pm 
Veteran
Thanks for the fast reply/fix, Doti! :)

All the bugs I mentioned seem to be fixed. Video plays, show(null) works, icons are present in menus, CM conversions doesn't add extra slashes or mess up flags (tested with the same script and it didn't give errors this time) and Milovana converted scripts run fine again! Yay!

When converting CM scripts, though, I've noticed there's clearly some kind of problem with "flags"... when I run the converted script (which has no errors when checked), it doesn't start in the right place, clearly because it doesn't read the right flag/value information as CM did.

Example: a script set to play an 'intro' if a flag is not set (eg. the first time it is run), instead starts *without* the intro, as if the flag WAS already set (it isn't, I checked data.properties). Is this a level of inconsistency in conversions, or is it actually setting the OPPOSITE states for flags on some conversions, compared to how CM saw them (it almost seems that way with the two scripts I've tested so far)? I may need you to look at the script and compare how it ran under CM to how it runs in SS, when you have time?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:55 pm 
Site Admin
I think I got it backward, and just corrected this (uploaded again)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:58 am 
Veteran
I think that fixed it, mate... just tried a quick conversion of one of the scripts that didn't work last time and it loaded it's proper 'introduction' this time, as it should! Thanks! Now I can properly test some CM conversions and see how much work they need to run with SS.

One thing I just noticed, SS doesn't like converting isValue lines that have \ in them, so I get an error on
Code:
isValue=ashley_wearing_bottom(footy shorts)\ashley_wearing_top(footy shirt)\ashley_wearing_top(tank top)
but not
Code:
isValue=ashley_wearing_bottom(footy shorts)|ashley_wearing_feet(boots)

Also, and I'm happy to fix it manually, SS doesn't like " in values... eg.
Code:
isValue=ashley_wearing_bottom("Want Some?" shorts)
Probably a bad idea for me to have used that anyway, and I'll change it, but just something I thought I should mention.

Finally, I just tried to convert my old 'madlib' script, and got the following error
Code:
script1325474103904950497619.groovy: 366: unexpected char: '\' @ line 366, column 10.
      show("\"\loadString("BadHabitsMadlib.badhabitstory_yourfirstname")+"!\" "+loadString("BadHabitsMadlib.badhabitstory_hername")+" yells. You jump guiltily. \"How many times have I warned you about "+loadString("BadHabitsMadlib.badhabitstory_badhabit")+"?\"\"")
for the converted line
Code:
message=""#value(badhabitstory_yourfirstname)!" #value(badhabitstory_hername) yells. You jump guiltily. "How many times have I warned you about #value(badhabitstory_badhabit)?""
Is this because of the use of "" marks in the original (starting a message with "" in order to start with a value), or something else?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:47 pm 
Site Admin
"\" doesn't seems to be in the standard language, I can see only | and /.

The last thing is a bug, it'll be in the next release (today ?), as some better handling of "|" and "/" in CM tags.