de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

MAC OS Catalina Web Cam issues
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:15 pm 
Shy
Hi, just wondering if there's any change on the webcam issues with Catalina on mac OS and if theres anything I can do beside bootcamp or windows parallel to get it working. Thanks

Profile Send private message 

Re: MAC OS Catalina Web Cam issues
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:06 am 
Site Admin
( https://ss.deviatenow.com/viewtopic.php ... 779&p=7602 )
Still not ; you can try replacing the jars in lib/ directory with those releases :
- bridj-0.7.0 : 0.7.1-SNAPSHOT
- webcam-capture-0.3.12 : 0.3.13-SNAPSHOT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:04 pm 
Shy
Just tried, replaced just the names of the Jar files and replaced them entirely with images? unless theres a specific file I should be replacing them with? unfortunately that didn't work. Thanks though :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:16 pm 
Shy
This worked for me using macOS Monterey. Give this workaround a try if you have Catalina or anything more recent:

Download the updated bridj-0.7-20140918-3.jar from http://maven.openimaj.org/com/nativelib ... 0140918-3/

Download the updated webcam-capture-0.3.13-SNAPSHOT jar from https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/ ... 3-SNAPSHOT

Add both jar files to the lib/ directory

To replace the jars, the simplest way is to rename each new jar to exactly match the file name of the existing old jar while moving the old jar somewhere else (in case you need to restore it later).

After replacing the 2 jars, restart sexscripts. Now when sexscripts tries to take a webcam picture, you should be prompted to grant permission to allow access to the camera. After granting permission, the camera capture should succeed.

I hope this helps any others who are stuck using a Mac :D

Last edited by ergdog on Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:48 pm 
Shy
ergdog wrote:
To replace the jars, the simplest way is to rename each new jar to exactly match the file name of the existing old jar

If instead you wanted to leave the file names of the new jars in lib/ unchanged, you would need to update the Class-Path line of META-INF/MANIFEST.MF inside sexscripts.jar (see https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial ... wnman.html)

But hopefully in future these updated dependencies will get proper releases and can come prepackaged with sexscripts.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:07 pm 
Veteran
ergdog wrote:
This worked for me using macOS Monterey. Give this workaround a try if you have Catalina or anything more recent:

@ergdog, Thank you! This is a huge breakthrough and works perfectly for me in macOS Ventura. Hopefully @doti can integrate it into the main distribution soon. I know a few developers (including myself) kind of gave up after the Mac stopped working. I ended up using a Windows VM as a work-around, but having native support back is a really big improvement. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:32 am 
Site Admin
Those releases will be embedded in the next release of SexScritps.
But these look like unmaintained projects, and possibly will fail in the next versions of MacOSX ou Windows or Linux.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:44 pm 
Newcomer
The webcam situation seems broken for me on macOS Sonoma 14.2.1. Whereas Java ARM version leads to any script using the webcam freezing, the Intel version allows for a pop up window to choose a picture to upload, though sometimes this fails too. wonder if there's any potential fixes or if this is also the case on previous versions of macOS.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:56 am 
Shy
jmw101 wrote:
The webcam situation seems broken for me on macOS Sonoma 14.2.1.

The webcam was not working for me also in Sonoma, even with the snapshot jars for webcam-capture and bridj.

To work around this, I have been using an alternative driver webcam-capture-driver-native instead of the default driver.

Swapping the drivers required some code changes. You can try it and see more info in my gitlab fork

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:25 pm 
Veteran
ergdog wrote:
Swapping the drivers required some code changes. You can try it and see more info in my gitlab fork

@erdog, Thank you! This has been broken for ages and it finally works now with your version. I really appreciate you making this available!