de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Google bans nude contents from blog
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:28 pm 
Site Admin
Blogger is the current Google platform for blogs.
As a demonstration of goodwill toward ISIS, Google is cracking down on adult material, with a one month notice.
Google will continue to allow some nudity, as long as it “offers a substantial public benefit, for example in artistic, educational, documentary, or scientific contexts.”.

Quite a lot of users are disappointed.

http://consumerist.com/2015/02/24/google-changes-content-policy-to-prohibit-adult-material-on-blogger-platform-starting-march-23/
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/feb/24/google-warns-sex-bloggers-to-clean-up-or-get-out.

Profile Send private message 

Re: Google bans nude contents from blog
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:54 pm 
Veteran
As an adult Google blogger (with plenty of "nudity" on my blog and in my art!) I'm very pleased and relieved to report that Google took a last-minute step back on this, which we can only presume was due to the massive backlash their original change of policy caused amongst bloggers and those who champion free speech and freedom of sexual preference (a good many "alternate lifestyle" advocates use Blogger, and weren't too pleased hearing they were being censored!).

So, for now at least, adult Blogger blogs (like mine!) can remain, as long as they are behind the usual "this is an adult blog, click to proceed" barrier.

Time will tell if Google revisits this to try and censor us again, and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they did (their move to an "always on" safe search already shows their bias against any adult content, a worrying thing for a company who control so much of the internet).

Profile Send private message