de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

hey its me!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:44 am 
Regular
Some of you guys might remember some of the stuff I did for CM. It's a real shame about Kenneths kill order. I was working on something fairly ambitious. I still have a working version of freya, but I don't see much point continuing to work with CM if its gone for good.

I'm interested in all of these clones that are popping up, it'd be nice if we could all get behind one. I plan to play with ss a bit and see whats what. It's cool to see some of the writers I remember, I really enjoyed your work. Anyway, hopefully I can whip up some scripts for SS! See ya around.

Profile Send private message 

Re: hey its me!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:38 pm 
Veteran
Hi!

I share your feelings about Kenneth's desire to totally eradicate CM from existence... to me, it's pretty much a big slap in the face to those of us who spent literally years developing for it (stopping work on it is one thing, refusing to allow anyone to use the old versions ever again is something else!).

I've looked at a few CM 'clones' but have pretty much decided - barring something unforseen - that SexScripts is the one I want to get behind, given it A) runs fine on my machine! B) has an interface very similar to CM. C) Has a dev who will share the source code and vows to stick around!!! D) With practice, doesn't seem that hard to script for and is a lot more powerful than CM.

Like you, I had a lot of projects on the go for CM including new Ashley episodes and other smaller scripts and bits (and tons of Freya 'skins', made just to help Kenneth out, too!), but that work is pretty much wasted now. The one problem with SS is that it takes a lot to convert very complex scripts by hand to it.

It's ironic that many didn't seem to take up the 'upgrade' to Freya with CM due to some of the required script knowledge changes. Now we're all forced to re-learn a whole new language!

On the upside, SS uses a 'real' language (Java) as a base, so at least putting years into learning how to script for SS wouldn't be a waste even if the program folded one day too.

At any rate, I'd like to see as many CM 'old guard' here as possible, so please help spread the word! More than anything else, I feel SS needs to build a big user base if it is to succeed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:07 am 
Site Admin
Hello w00tz0rz4

i hope you will be able to use the import tool of sexScript to publish the script you are talking about. Anyway, welcome !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:43 pm 
I think when people become more aware of this site and SS, it'll really take off.

The ease of use is really a massive plus. I remember having to really read up about CM and where to put various folders, how to install it, etc, but SS seems simpler to use, which I love.

When I heard about SS, I was really excited and I think others will be too.