de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Couple of newbie scripting questions
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:08 pm 
Regular
Hi just starting out in trying to write a script and have come across a few issues.

How do I ensure that the script knows I have started a new instruction a hard return doesn't seem to always do it?

Is there a function I can use to display a epoch/unix timestamp variable to display in dd:hh:mm format or do I need to script it longhand?

I'm having issues with "nesting" math type things that keeps throwing errors so am having to write line afterline to do it - is there a heirachy of bracket types I should be using or something like that? () {} [] or ???

TIA for any help.

Profile Send private message 

Re: Couple of newbie scripting questions
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:19 pm 
Regular
Just to clarify its a way of displaying as HH:mm a time value that I am looking for not the current time, specifically the difference between current time and previously saved value in unix format, have found the thread that details how to get current time values.

Re: Couple of newbie scripting questions
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:51 pm 
Site Admin
Quote:
How do I ensure that the script knows I have started a new instruction a hard return doesn't seem to always do it?

I don't understand

Quote:
the difference between current time and previously saved value

Time delta : I don't know if there is an easy solution (Java API 8 are not supported). I'll do this :
Code:
def t1 =... //UNIX timestamp in seconds
def t2 =... 
def text = String.format("%02d:%02d:%02d", (int)((t2-t1)/86400), ((int)((t2-t1)/3600)%3600), ((int)((t2-t1)/60)%60))

Quote:
I'm having issues with "nesting" math type things that keeps throwing errors so am having to write line afterline to do it - is there a heirachy of bracket types I should be using or something like that? () {} [] or ???

No, only parenthesis