de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Payment Processor in SS ?!
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:10 am 
Shy
How about implementing a system for micro-payments in SS?

I am NOT talking to commercialize the software!
Imagine small donations to developers/authors if you like their work, or paying tributes or penalties to your dominant. Just for motivational aspects.

I see possibilities in crypto-currencies, mostly because of ease of implementation compared to other payment systems and because of the possibility of total anonymity.

I dont know if this would be in the interest of the community, but I think a implemented payment function could be a big benefit. This could lead to a whole new dynamic, or it could totally screw up the whole thing...

What do you think?

Profile Send private message 

Re: Payment Processor in SS ?!
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:59 am 
Site Admin
First thought about bitcoins

Inside the software :
- doing the transaction inside, i.e. SS being a wallet : no-no (security, maintainability)
- reaching a wallet from its API : no common API

On the web site (1 problem : browser need to be configured manually to understand bitcoin:xxx addresses)
- a bitcoin address in the script, in the script list : too breakable
- bitcoins addresses in messages, PM, signatures : already avalable, please do
- a user field containing a bitcoin address : ok, I can add this, with 1 additionnal drawbacks : an address should not be reused in principle

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:00 am 
Veteran
Was thinking it may be nice to be able to tip mistresses/masters in subcontrol. My first thought was it can store a paypal accout name with a mistress and if you ask to tip it opens a browser to pay the paypal account.. needs to be a link that can accept multiple payments and want it to be quick to do.. not msg bitcoin?

not looked yet but does paypal accept bitcoin or can you do something like it with gocoin.com etc.. ? will see what people like but it may help get a few more mistresses for subcontrol :roll:

You can't take something off the Internet - it's like taking pee out of a pool.
https://play-clan.site profile: Liz

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:29 pm 
Veteran
So I'm trying to get to grips with this... I have setup a bitcoin wallet ( 12YeddrFxSPyxrmWbRqjDEK9xC92RXAb7S ) with https://web.hivewallet.com/ so in theory anyone can pay bitcoins into it.. but they may want to pay from a wallet not held with hive :roll: so doing some link to a website will not help... for paying mistress tips if you pay bitcoins using an app etc. :( From a security point it should not mater how public the wallet address is, people can see how much is payed into it but can't remove money. The idea will after all just be for tips so should not be life changing amounts.

I could just show the doms wallet code and give subs the option of loading a suggested webpage for ways to pay with bitcoin.. but as you can see the wallet code above is a bit long so would be handy to copy the code into the computers clipboard (is there a command for this in the api doti ?)

anyway i'm a bit new to bitcoin etc so any ideas acvt927 or anyone..?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:42 pm 
Addict
Be careful where you are going with this. One bitcoin currently trades for about $240.00 U.S. That's over 200 Euros. It's not small chump change for a small tip. I, for one, am totally against this idea, as it could easily lead to some form of exploitation of people. This is not what sex scripts is all about.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:58 pm 
Site Admin
Liz, you provided one (of many) address of your wallet, "12Yee...". It is enough for anybody (with a bitcoin wallet anywhere) can send money (0.0001 bitcoin, or any amount) to this address.
As I wrote, you should not put it in a script, as anybody can change it (it won't be checked in the publication/validation process). If you want to do it anyway, you can use a middleman website, like : https://blockchain.info/address/12Yeddr ... xC92RXAb7S . This is a real URL, you can do :
Code:
useUrl("https://blockchain.info/address/12YeddrFxSPyxrmWbRqjDEK9xC92RXAb7S")

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:13 pm 
Shy
I think the most easiest way would be to use an Web-API (sending amount and address info to a specific web content which processes the payment)

The common Online-Wallets generally have an userfriendly API ready to use. For example: https://blockchain.info/en/api/blockchain_wallet_api
So if you have a online wallet you can in theory easily create software wich can send payments autonomous.
That would mean that everyone sending and receiving money would need a own online wallet.
And the SS software would need to ask you to perform a payment option setup at the beginning just similar to the Clothing/Items setup.

@Doti
I dont see why the browser needs to be configured manually? If SS is capable of sending pictures in the Internet it should be able to send a small string of letters and numbers or am I missing something?

@Doti
"a bitcoin address in the script, in the script list : too breakable"
I see the exact same problem with this, but the vulnerability could be reduced by:

1. Load payment address from Internet (eg. SS-server) and include in SS dynamically.
2. Store payment address in script directly but verify the address via Internet.
Both options of cause would bring other problems...

@bendedknee
The smallest unit in Bitcoin is one "Satoshi" 1/100000000 Bitcoins this would represent 0,0000024USD at moment.
Not much of a deal i think. And generaly the users should use a preloaded Wallet with an amount which makes noone cry when lost. Could be less than a dollar.
But in general I understand and share your concern.

Any payment system included must enable the user to perform the payment within 1 or 2 clicks. A small setup is ok, but after that it have to be very user friendly.
I think if you have to manually open a website first and then filling out some sort of payment form you get annoyed in the process rather fast...

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:22 pm 
Veteran
Quote:
Be careful where you are going with this. One bitcoin currently trades for about $240.00 U.S. That's over 200 Euros. It's not small chump change for a small tip. I, for one, am totally against this idea, as it could easily lead to some form of exploitation of people. This is not what sex scripts is all about.

As doti said you can pay fractions of a bitcoin so can tip an amount like $5 or less... I think I have made my views on accepting payment clear already so will not repeat them but I think having the option will help resolve the current problem of lots of men running after few mistresses... I have always seen this as fun and would encourage people to be careful and to keep their identities to themselves. If you do get a mistresses that starts demanding money there is nothing stopping you from removing her by updating your profile and she will no longer be able to view or control you.

Quote:
As I wrote, you should not put it in a script, as anybody can change it (it won't be checked in the publication/validation process). If you want to do it anyway, you can use a middleman website, like : https://blockchain.info/address/12Yeddr ... xC92RXAb7S . This is a real URL, you can do :
useUrl("https://blockchain.info/address/12YeddrFxSPyxrmWbRqjDEK9xC92RXAb7S")

My idea at the moment goes along the lines of a mistress sets a "payment URL", this is saved both locally and with her mistress data. Every time she logs in the two are compared to make sure no one has changed it and flags up if they don't match. While this is not foolproof it should at least flag up if we have a problem. If the sub wants to tip their Mistress it will simply do the UseUrl if their mistress has set one - It may also put the virtual mistress in a better mood too ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:31 pm 
Site Admin
Code:
The common Online-Wallets generally have an userfriendly API ready to use. For example: https://blockchain.info/en/api/blockchain_wallet_api
So if you have a online wallet you can in theory easily create software wich can send payments autonomous.

Web APIs break every year. I used 10+ web API before. Every fucking year, or worse. There won't be calls to Web API in SexScripts.
Anyway, it would need the user open a wallet on a service required by Ss (as there is no common API), seems not practical.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:59 pm 
Veteran
..and would say that as good as ss is - I for one would not be comfortable giving it any payment details. One of those things I think left to a link for a securely signed website ;) It looks like we now have a simple way to pay with a few clicks anyway if a user has a bitcoin wallet so would not waste doti's valuable time on more 8-)

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:35 pm 
Veteran
Valve, is that you? :P First paying for fan-made mods on Steam and now this in SexScripts? :cry: j/k

In all seriousness though, like modding and such, IMO writing a cool script should be it's own reward... that and a nice big "thank you" from users. Bringing money into things for me goes against the idea of a fun community and makes it more of a commercial venture. On the other hand, I don't have a problem with someone charging if it's an actual budgeted "production" (even if it used SexScripts to run), with real costs to make such as commissioning artists, paying voice actors, etc.

I also don't see a problem with an optional "tip jar" or donation on a script maker's website, as long as it's not forced on users.

Nothing tied to SS, though! Any idea that SS could involve payment transactions (thankfully vetoed by Doti) is damn scary! :?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:14 am 
Site Admin
3 years later, we were pionners, but no more ; the bitcoin recommanded fees are still quite high (since mid 2017), around 27000 satoshis now ($2.20). Still high for a quick tip.

I see some praise for some good script writers, so this thread is still valid. Perhaps in some other currency (real one ? ether ?)