de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Updates
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:51 pm 
Regular
I have been making updates to the exercice.groovy script. I found some typos, and some logic errors. In particular the variable 'i' is sometimes used where the variable 'n' should have been used. I am also adding a concept of "rest" days when exercising is not done and adding comments to explain how the script works. I am not finished making changes, but I am wondering if my changes should be posted on the site, and if so how. So in addition to making changes to better suit myself, I am using the update process to help learn script writing.

Should I rename the script, perhaps to "exercise.groovy" so both the existing one and my copy with changes can both be available. Or should it be considered a new version? Or perhaps script authors prefer their script not get messed with. When my updating is done, the script is still likely to be 85% original, so I certainly do not want to claim authorship.

------

Also of note, the documentation has a typo here:

"exit()
Exits software (on the contrary, simpley type returns null to exit script)."

should read like this:

exit()
Exits software (on the contrary, simply type return null to exit script)."

Thank you for a very fun system, I am slowly learning yet another programming language...:)
Robert

Profile Send private message 

Re: Updates
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:07 pm 
Site Admin
In this very case, you can make a normal publication that will override the current script.
If you don't want to, you can simply change the title, or add you to the author names.

Profile Send private message