de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Community scripts
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:05 pm 
Site Admin
As some big scripts may be created with cooperation, there's a standard solution usable now.

Summary for experts
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/sscommunity/code/trunk

Why ?
It is possible for multiple people to collaborate when creating scripts.
This system is not at all mandatory, use only if you want to work on such special scripts. Most of the time, users and writers of SexScript can avoid all this documentation.
It's something programmers often use, using some version control tool to put all on a common repository. Subversion has been chosen, repository offered by SourceForge.net. Anybody with a subversion/SVN client tool sus can work freely on community sex scripts.
This sort of tools offers for us 2 main functionnalities : avoiding/managing conflicts on code and maintaining a full history

How ?
  • Get SexScripts, test it, try modifying some scripts, etc.
  • Get a (free) account on SourceForge.net
  • Get a SVN/subversion client. For MS Windows, you may like Tortoise SVN (mix with File Explorer, easy to use) or SilkSVN (command line tool)
  • Create a new folder somewhere on your disk (can be in the main SexScript folder)
  • Inside it, "checkout" the project from Sourceforge, using your SVN client and the HTTP address that you get when visiting the SVN page of the SexScript community scripts project on SourceForge. This may take a few seconds, it will download anything in the folder. Separate scripts have each one a folder, consider only the one that interests you.
  • Modify it. For testing, copy the files back and forth to the main SexScripts folder.
  • Ask here to be registred as a "developer", let us know your sf.net username (admin will accept everyone)
  • "Commit" your modifications to the repository, using again the SVN tool.

Profile Send private message 

Re: Community scripts
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:27 pm 
Regular
Are all the scripts online? I'd like to be able to go through and edit some grammar in a lot of them. (or some wrong measurements)

Edit: The link for Tortoisevn is wrong, it's: http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/

Edit2: Went to go look over the letter of admission, and fixed some grammatical errors, but can't commit due to errors (google says this is something on serverside). or I just don't have permission from you. SF username is zoeykitten.

Command: Commit
Error: Commit failed (details follow):
Error: Can't open file '/svn/p/sscommunity/code/db/txn-current-lock': Permission denied
Completed!:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:21 pm 
Site Admin
You're now officially a developer of SexScripts community scripts (notice for other sf.net users : I need to allow you to commit, with your username, even if checkout is free)

Quote:
Are all the scripts online? I'd like to be able to go through and edit some grammar in a lot of them. (or some wrong measurements)

Not sure about "online" - on sf.net or on this website ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:33 pm 
Regular
doti wrote:
You're now officially a developer of SexScripts community scripts (notice for other sf.net users : I need to allow you to commit, with your username, even if checkout is free)

Quote:

Not sure about "online" - on sf.net or on this website ?

I got my answer as soon as I checked it out. I just c omitted my revisions. Will look at code stuff later, maybe whip up a script or two.