de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Script Files Total Size
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:26 pm 
Veteran
Hi!

Is there a limit to the total size of a script (including resources) that can be uploaded?

Profile Send private message 

Re: Script Files Total Size
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:56 pm 
Veteran
I don’t know yet but I do remember in the past there was a limit to the total size.
That was the reason to split files as done with discipline clinic image files, and at that time it was about the max size possible to upload.
I still believe it’s a good thing to split if the amount of images are big beside the upload file problem.
The script itself will often improved and evaluate, the images will always be the same so no need to download them every time with a new version…

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:37 am 
Addict
40 megabytes or so. When I look at the ZIP files I've downloaded, it looks like schoolpack is the largest and it's 38.5MB. Not sure if this has changed over time or not, but I venture 35MB would for sure work, but it looks like 40 might be the number.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:03 am 
Veteran
Thanks guys. I'm currently writing a new script. I have all of the images and gifs ready to go and it's at ~130Mb I'll try to break it up into maybe 25 meg segments. I like the idea of separating the resources anyway, for the very reason martlb mentioned.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:34 pm 
Addict
I'd rather download the least possible packages because of the one minute delay making it a pain to download large scripts. If you have your script, plus images you know that you'd only you for that script versus sharing with other scripts, you could then have four or five total files. Three 35 meg resource packs(105 megs) and the script with some of the images specific to it (25 megs). ..or perhaps you think you'd use all those images in other scripts, then you could do 4 32.5 meg packages and the script as another pack. You should be able to get the granularity of the images to within the 35 meg range when you've got an average of 32.5 megs goal.

Keep in mind if you expand things later or make another script an have more stuff plus the original stuff, you'll probably be releasing an new pack again. Try to not make it creep to something too big. I love elaborate teases with tons of characters but it's also a pain to download 10 packages with the one minute delay between them, which is hard to time out and always takes longer. I think it's fine when things end up that way through feature creep, but try to optimize things from the start where you can.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:38 pm 
Site Admin
I can't give an exact number as it depends on multiple compression steps during the uploading, but the real hard limit being about 64Mb of data in one post, it should be a zip file of around 40-45Mb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:44 am 
Veteran
Thanks doti!