de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Website feature request - rate scripts
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:47 am 
Veteran
This is more something for the future, when we gets lots of scripts (I hope!)... is there/can there be a way for users to rate scripts out of five stars maybe? It might be a nice way to say "I enjoyed that script a lot and recommend it to others".

Also, for the forums, I'd like to suggest a couple of new sections:
* Suggestions and feature requests - for things like this, to keep such topics out of 'general info' or 'bug reporting'.
* User scripts - separate from the general 'script writing' section, for each user who makes a script to create a thread about it for discussion, testing, getting feedback, etc. This may seem unneeded now, but if/when there are lots of scripts in development, I think it should be separate from the general script writing section, which should be more about "how do I do X in a script" etc.

Profile Send private message 

Re: Website feature request - rate scripts
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:02 am 
Newcomer
Used to stalk the CM forums a lot and just wanted to say good to see you here Banjo. Planning on converting any of your teases to SS?
I think script rating would be awesome. Would make it much easier to find quality content. Maybe even something along the lines of a script of the month much like Milovana does with teases.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:34 pm 
I am with Banjo, I think it would be fine users could rate scripts. And a forum section of users scripts will be a need if SexScripts succeed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:21 pm 
Veteran
Shhim wrote:
Used to stalk the CM forums a lot and just wanted to say good to see you here Banjo. Planning on converting any of your teases to SS?

Shhim, as a 'stalker' on many boards but poster on few, I know that's sometimes what we'd rather do. But I'm hoping - even though I have no stake in SexScripts outside of wanting it to develop and be cool - that this forum will grow into a real community.

And you don't know how it makes me feel to be 'recognized'... honestly, I feel a real personal loss at the abrupt closure and deletion of all things CyberMistress, given I'd seriously devoted years to that program in learning to script, making routines, etc. Someone recognizing me from there, based on what little I made/did there, makes it seem less of a waste of those years.

I'd love to convert my scripts (Ashley, mainly!) to SexScripts, but the difference in programming and - moreso - the level of complexity in CM routines like Ashley (lots of tricks and odd useages of the program to get what I wanted) means it might never be fully possible, without spending years more. I wouldn't say never, though, and am already converting some of my 'smaller' routines for SS, as well as working on new ones. I hope you and others might enjoy them... all these years later, I'm still doing for you guys and gals to have fun with! :)

Phew! Sorry for going a bit off topic! I'll just say that *anyone* here who wants to can feel free to PM or email me. I'm not always online, but I've not forgotten my old CM stuff and the kind reception I got on that site.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, I don't want SS to become a 'popularity contest' with script-makers, but I think ratings would also be hugely important in helping users say "thank you" to a script maker. We all know how many people just download and never post (like they did with CM) but being able to click a rating lets them say "thanks" simply, and makes a script writer feel like their work is appreciated.

EDIT: thanks for adding the 'user scripts' forum area, Doti! :D

EDIT 2: how about a 'feature request' or 'feedback' forum subsection to keep things organized?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:22 pm 
Site Admin
Let's wait for more scripts before making some changes of community process.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:42 pm 
Regular
I don't think ratings are that important. At milovana I know it is a bad tease when the ratings are very low, but I wouldn't know if I like the tease when the ratings are very high. I think it is much more important that there is a place where people can give feedback (eg, the forums).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:48 pm 
Veteran
I'd agree with 88888888... feedback on scripts is the most important thing for those of us writing them, or at least for me.

I'll gladly withdraw the suggestion for script 'ratings' (how about some kind of "thank you button" instead?), but I think one of my personal issues with using the built-in 'publish' function is that users can just download and run scripts that way without reading a post about it first or having a thread where they found it in that they can then post feedback in. It's hard enough getting feedback from users as it is... just ask any CM scripter! ;)

By that token, I am thrilled Doti added the 'Scripts' forum section for this purpose, as this is an important factor for me in creating for anything... I want to know that people are using it and enjoying it! :)

EDIT: was thinking today, about our discussion about why I'm hesitant to use 'Publish' (harder to get feedback and no way to remove a 'published' script if needed)... to solve the latter, maybe a 'passcode' system could be added to access the database that lets a user remove/edit their published scripts (but nobody else's!). Just a random thought! :)