de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Feature request - script editor code snippets?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:25 am 
Veteran
When you get SexScripts further along and more widely used, I think letting the built-in script editor have something akin to buttons that add "code snippets" to your script for often-used functions(e.g. "Show Picture", "Add Looped Sound", etc.) would be really helpful.

I personally don't mind taking the time to learn how SexScripts and Groovy work, but past experience taught me that a lot of folks can't be bothered but want to make scripts.

I actually used to tell Kenneth (of Cybermistress) that making the program itself great was *much* more important than making an extra, user-friendly 'editor' he was later focused on... but on reflection, I might have been wrong. Maybe ease of scripting in CM was what gained it such a big following? SexScripts code is (understandably, since it's a "real" language) MUCH more complex, and less "instinctual" (at least to non-programmers, I'd imagine) than CM's custom scripting language, after all.

Just a thought, anyway... as I said, I'm more than okay scripting "by hand" myself for now. I really don't consider this a "must have", just an idea for the far future! ;)

Profile Send private message 

Re: Feature request - script editor code snippets?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:07 pm 
Site Admin
You are right, there is a problem and this feature would perhaps be a solution (I'm not sure about it).
My solution now is to direct begginers to "simpleexample.groovy", sus promoting a subset of the standard library, enough to make simple scripts.

Re: Feature request - script editor code snippets?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:46 pm 
Site Admin
The editor now has some (35) code snippets, writers can reach them with right-click.
Most of them are simple one-line use of the functions, as a reminder. But there are also some usual solution, proposed before on this forum.