de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Script database downloads accurate?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:52 pm 
Veteran
i'm just curious if those "1k", "2k", etc. stats beside the hearts on the script database are indeed how many times a script has been downloaded (or rated)?

I ask because that seems like a LOT of downloads for some scripts, especially since only a very few get any posts in their threads. Are people really that lax in posting in this "click a like button" age? I would have thought with that many downloads, at least there would be more "can't get it to work" posts if sadly not enough "thanks for the script" posts.

I also ask because if some of these larger scripts are getting thousands of downloads, that's a big bandwidth hit for the site!!!

Profile Send private message 

Re: Script database downloads accurate?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:14 pm 
Site Admin
Yes, there is no lie about those numbers.

As I made quite some public software delivery a few years ago, I won't wait for more than 1/1000 users of anything going for a review or a comment.
Also, the notation part (the hearts) is already a "show some love" click. Seeing the average rate for the themes of tour script, I can say you're on the right track

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:09 pm 
Veteran
Thanks.

I find it truly disheartening (and a little sickening) that so many people download these scripts - and obviously by extension, the program itself - and so few bother to leave a comment or feedback at all. So many folks just want to grab what they can without even saying thank you. :(

In regards to bandwidth, would it help if you deleted the three Outfit packs I made for Ashley from the script database? Since they are 15mb each... x1000 or more makes for a lot of bandwidth! I'm a bit worried that contributed to the recent website outage, and am happy to just make people download it manually from my thread once they have the main script.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:42 pm 
Site Admin
They'll be transformed to a link when the feature will be available.