de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Website is back! Yay!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:47 pm 
Veteran
Glad to see the site is back safe and sound, along with you, Doti! I was worried for a while there!

Hope you don't mind, I dropped by the Milovana thread on SS where people were also worried and kept 'em up to date best I could.

Any idea what happened? I assumed bandwidth being exhausted but was a bit confused there was no real notification page (just 404 error).

If it was due to download capacity the site might have, would it be worth looking into a way to link the script database with our personal hosting/uploads of our own stuff, so they can be listed and found in the database, but don't need to be hosted by you? Just a thought if that might help.

Again, good to have you and SS back! :D

Profile Send private message 

Re: Website is back! Yay!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:08 pm 
Site Admin
Yes, it's a monthly bandwidth thing.

I started some technical modifications about it. Most of it, the scripts will be mirrored on another server or some, as you say.
I tried to make use of Cora, but it died last year or in 2014.

Re: Website is back! Yay!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:14 pm 
Veteran
As an emergency measure, can we (Doti and other users here) agree on somewhere off-site we can meet up if anything like this happens again? To keep rumors and fears from flying about, and stay in contact if SexScripts ever needs to find a new home?

The only place I could think of was the thread on Milovana:
https://milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7164
... though somewhere else would probably be more ideal?

Just in case of emergency, since I'd hate to lose touch with some of the friends and awesome authors I've met here (as happened with the sudden shutdown of CyberMistress' forums). I hope it never becomes necessary, but it would be good to have a place to drop by if the site goes down to check that it's only temporary and stay in contact with each other.