de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Script Writing full manual/faq
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:04 pm 
Since SexScripts was first created, a total of 2627 users have registered into SexScripts community at the time of this post. I don't know how many of them are currently active. What I know is that the number of users with one or more scripts published is only 18!

I know there will be probably some users who prefer to just playing scripts and not creating any at all, but I find that 18 writers out of 2627 users is, really a small proportion. And I think the cause of that is that most of the users here are not experienced programmers and find creating scripts for SexScripts a hard task to learn by only looking at the code of other scripts.

I wrote a guide to help all the users here who want to learn how to write scripts:

Attachment:
Manual.txt [187.59 KiB]
Downloaded 1795 times

This file is an unofficial faq/manual that shows how to write scripts for the SexScripts software. If you're a begginer on the matter, or you would like to make scripts but find coding them in groovy a really hard task, this can be very useful to you. Even if you have some experience writing scripts, you may find here useful information you may not know yet.

It covers a big amount of topics that can be useful when writing scripts, starting in the guess that you have zero programming knowledge, and finishes showing how to properly get profit from closures and other advanced groovy structures.

Here is a zip file with the example scripts used in the guide:

Attachment:
examples.zip [2.37 MiB]
Downloaded 1357 times

I would like also to encourage from here all the users of the community to try to write scripts, and to always publish them. Do not worry if your writing skills are poor and you are only able to write simple scripts. Even the simplest of the scripts will be welcome! And you will improve your writing skills by writing scripts.

Last edited by wololo on Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message 

Re: Script Writing full manual/faq
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:14 pm 
Site Admin
This is a great work, and I'll put an "official" link to this thread ; I'll try to put it with a good label, as the length may frighten some !

I can proofread it, but it would be better if someone else do it, as this person would learn a lot. So I make this call : if you are a beginner with SexScripts, you want to learn the "writing" part, and english is your main language, please read and/or follow this guide, and let wololo know what you thought about it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:40 pm 
Regular
Great work wololo. Very well written and taught me a few things I didnt know.

As for writing scripts, for me, the hard part is finding the images to accompany the script. If I don't have anything I can write to/play in to the script, I struggle writing them. Do you have any recommendations where to find image sets and things? I'd love to produce and share some scripts, but I'd rather do them with a high quality and include good images to play in to it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:46 am 
Site Admin
I started a topic about this : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=334.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:44 pm 
Veteran
This is seriously awesome, Wololo. What a fantastic and very helpful resource!

I love your 'Advanced Tutorial' too; the changing background colour "cheat" is brilliantly simple!