de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Re: ShockingImages
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:33 pm 
Regular
... And now ... :roll:

There is a new configuration option to set a session time limit in the format: "hh:mm:ss". Ta ta!

But to get the new version, you have to wait until version 1.1 will appear. I have already uploaded it, but the site is busy checking my previous update.

As for your suggestion - I think we need a little more brainstorming here. Programming tends to be the easy part here.
Getting surprised by higher shocks (e.g. by random selection) and enjoying it is one thing (and it's totally my thing :D ).
But if you have to change file names to achieve this, losing the surprise effect, I doubt anyone will use such a feature if it is too complicated and you do it yourself.

Please, do not misunderstand me. It's not that I don't like the basic idea, but I'm not convinced enough at the moment. Sorry.

I've already thought about a question and answer feature or a user rating or something like that, which we can then sanction. But I have not come to a good solution until now.

Profile Send private message 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:56 pm 
Regular
Very good points! I agree that the absolute best part is not know what lvl of shock is coming. That's really what makes me come back to it over and over.

I use the painstack sound files with this script, which are great. You never know what sound file type (1 of 3) and what level (1-20) you are going to receive.

I'm probably just over thinking it and being greedy. It was just an idea really. That certain photos (defined by filename I was thinking) would elicit a higher shock value or a different sound is all. You are right, it can get too confusing at a point.

The max time option is great, no I do can put in a bunch of files for random use and know it won't go past X amount of time.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 8:39 pm 
Regular
Yes, it's exactly the same with me.

But don't give up. ...

I have thought about it again and would like to contradict myself a little.

I think I found a solution now. And no additional configuration option would be needed. :)
And what I am thinking about would be very simple to use.

As you have probably seen in my script, files and directories are being read recursively. That means You are free what directory tree structure You use.

When Image files are chosen randomly, I can determine in what parent-directory it was found and than try to scan for a similar sub-directory within the sound file tree and let a sound file be chosen from there and otherwise from the entire collection.
That means You can than arrange Your image files and sound files accordingly. And You can do a mixture of both.

And as image files are chosen randomly the surprise effect will remain (kind of).

It's up to You then, how You fill the sub-directories that will lead to medium lvl sound files or high lvl sound files a.s.o.
If You are using linux or mac, you don't need to copy files. You can just throw in links as You like and change that when ever You want.

How does this sound to You?

This could be enhanced later on by randomly chosen mapping rules, so that for instance the sound directory containing lvl "1" files, today is matched when images from your theme "3" are shown and tomorrow a completely different mapping can happen. So if the sub-directory names are simply digits for instance, even a time dependent rule could apply.

Please, think about it and let me know what you think.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:29 am 
Regular
What a great idea! I will explore putting different files into subfolders and such.

One of the biggest challenges I have had with any e-stim script is over time (an hour or more) your body becomes desensitized to the shocks. e

I was thinking originally of breaking apart the files and grouping like I mentioned it's done in PainStacks. Now though I was playing around with your script and found an easier solution, use time. Since you are now running a counter it's much easier to say if X TIME is => Y then use this subfolder for sounds (which would be louder or such).

It's just an idea. I built a work around today using a hardware hack instead. Re-reading the ET 312 manual I found you can use a simple low voltage indicator to control the Levels. The hardware supplies slowly increasing voltage over time. It's a hack, but it works great.

I think next is trying to get this to work on a RaspberryPI.... The things we do for love (of whacking ofF? ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:40 pm 
Regular
Hi,

I do not understand how Your hardware solution works. Ok, You have a piece that delivers slowly increasing voltage. But how do You let it control the output levels of Your ET-312?

I own a ET-312B too, but didn't use it for a very very long time. (it's a wonder that the internal battery is still living).

I use a 2B and that offers (besides other wonderful features) a programming interface and I know how it works. Some time in the future when I find enough time, I'll try to use it with SexScripts. I think it should work but haven't tested yet. There are some scripts that offer the possibility to run a start- and stop command, but that's a poor approach and not what I am talking about.

If You have news regarding Your sub-directory research, let me know.

Ciao.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:26 pm 
Regular
When you start with a script you usually set your output level at tolerable maximum output for the audio files used with the scripts and leave it. At least that's how I imagine most people do it, especially if you are in self-bondage or such.

The challenge is over time, the body adapts and the impact of the shock isn't the same. Unless you want to fiddle with the level on the hardware, which for me is not fun and takes me out of the headspace, or if I am playing at self-bondage ruins the experience.

On page 18 of the 312 manual, there is information on using DIY wire remote control. Quoting:"The right channel Audio input (the middle contact on the
3.5mm plug) has response down to DC. This allows an external DC voltage, from 0 to 2
volts, to be used to proportionally control the output of the ET312B ..."

So I used a simple timer script with DC output from Arduino unit to slowly increase the levels over time. This way the impact remains the same and I don't have to adjust anything during a session.

I haven't had a chance to play with the subfolders yet, but hope to this week.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:20 pm 
Regular
Still having fun running this script. I have made a couple of changes you might be interested in.

1. An Yes/ No step to run a two minute to complete any self-bondage before the photos start. This is after the estime 1 second test. I found without the delay I would be trying to get into self-bondage while the first photo is playing and getting shocked.

2. Created a new array (List) that stores shown images. This is compared to the selected random image and if they match, a new random photo is chosen. No more duplicate photos! I hate "paying twice" for each image hehehe.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:44 pm 
Regular
I'm glad to hear that you're still enjoying it.

But 1: You do not need to press "Continue" before You are ready. So, why do You think You need another confirmation dialog? I could rename that button to "Start!" to make clear that the show will begin after pressing that button.

And 2: Shown images are already remembered. If one hits stop and after that decides to rewind to the previous image, that List is used. That means I'd only need to add a configuration option to choose "unique" image selection.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:32 pm 
Regular
1. How does one press "Continue" if one is in bondage away from the keyboard? As soon as I hit continue (assuming random wait time is engaged) then I have between 0-30s before the first zap is given. 0 seconds is not enough time to get into self-bondage before the zap hits. Take a look at PainStacks as an example. It ask how long do you need to get ready. In my case I just set it as an option.

2. I have had the same photo show up twice in a row lots of times. I've seen the same image as many as five times in twenty photos during one sessoion. . It takes me out of headspace and I'd rather only see unique images. So I changed it. Having an option would be a good idea.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:18 am 
Regular
There's no need to look somewhere. I only needed to understand the reason why You need it.

So I added a configuration option for both. You can now configure a start time delay in seconds. If You don't set it, nothing is changed. If You set that delay, a START button appears for the configured time, but can be pressed earlier (if U can :D )

The option for uniqueness of image file selection is the default now, but only has an effect when random file selection is used.

These changes are already uploaded now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:55 pm 
Regular
Thank you for the work you have done, I very much appreciate it. Since you appear to be detail driven I thought I would point out you did not increase the version number of the software from 1.2 to something new indicating the change. Software versions make it easier to know if people are running the current version, etc.

I am not sure if you have noticed, but stats at the end of the script are never shown (in this version and prior version). This bit of code only produces "Do yore-start" buttons. The The contents of MsgText,etc is not shown. I've simply changed to display the stats and remove the restart option. Thought you might want to know it's not working though. If I were guessing given the "Bye, bye" it's probably meant to be displayed after the user makes a choice? However, in this case, the button prompt overwrites the show() immediately.

Code:
show(MsgText + totalShocksApplied + "\n\nBye, bye!")          
if(getBoolean("Do You want to re-start?","Yes","No"))
{
   return startScript
}
else
{
   return null
}
//exit()

I changed the button code to :
Code:
if(getBoolean(MsgText +"${totalShocksApplied}\n\nDo You want to re-start?","Yes","No"))

Now it shows stats properly at the end and, the restart prompt. I like this as I like being able to review the numbers after the session.

Have a good day!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:26 pm 
Regular
With these latest changes I did increase the version number to 1.2. My previously saved version from May 21. was 1.1.
The previous version You had, shouldn't be (have been at download time) version 1.2.

Regarding the end of the script You are probably right. My first version ended with showing the bye bye message only. The idea to add a restart-option came later
and I thought I had a delay between the bye, bye and the question. Perhaps an accidental Ctrl-Z or something.
But as I personally do not reach the end :D , I didn't notice. Thank You.

New version is 1.3 now.