de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

data.properties values being corrupted by checking
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:37 am 
Veteran
Doti,

I've noticed with my a couple of my scripts that use data.properties to store and re-use values (such as name, game settings. etc.) have these values "corrupted" after running a "check" in the build-in script editor.

For example, I run Teacher Trouble script and enter my name, school, etc. and the script runs fine and keeps the correct values even when I return to it.

However, if I "Check" it in the script editor, then return to play it later, the values (name, school, etc.) are read as "XGQ" or "ZBF" etc (random capital letter strings) instead of what I set!

I did some checking, and these errors always come after doing a "check" in the script editor. As is usually the case for me, the checking ends with a "simulation aborted" (no errors, but can't complete test), which you've said is okay. When I re-run the script normally, though, all my data.properties values are "scrambled" to random letter strings!

Does checking overwrite the data.properties values with these random strings? Does checking write to data.properties at all? I didn't think it would until now. Can this be fixed?

Profile Send private message 

Re: data.properties values being corrupted by checking
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:20 am 
Site Admin
This must be a bug, [check] should not change anything in the real data.properties files.
(edit : yes, I found the problem)
Will be corrected in the next release.

Re: data.properties values being corrupted by checking
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:00 pm 
Veteran
doti wrote:
This must be a bug, [check] should not change anything in the real data.properties files.
(edit : yes, I found the problem)
Will be corrected in the next release.

Thanks, Doti!

I always assumed it didn't change anything when testing, so kept thinking the bug was my script, but eventually after much trial and error I realized it WAS "checking" that caused the error every time.

Very glad to have helped find this and that it can be fixed.