de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Another problem with BIG scripts.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:51 am 
Regular
Help.
I got a little (lot) carried away with my script. I am working on an antique machine with Windows XP. It's pretty big (400+K). It all worked fine including the Editor. It just got slower and slower to edit in the Script Editor as the automatic save appears to kick in quite frequently. I just moved to a much faster, 64 bit, machine running Windows 7. The problem is 10X worse. The installation is fine as I can work on smaller scripts easily. And I can run my main script. But my main script is unworkable to edit. Is there anyway to turn off automatic save and just save when commanded to? If not can I put in a polite and urgent request for that as a feature request?

Thanks,

Profile Send private message 

Re: Another problem with BIG scripts.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:39 am 
Site Admin
There were an error, the autosave was launched every minute, not every 10 minutes intended.

For even such a big script, the saving time should be less than 1s every 1 minute currently, this is not your experience ?

(tip : you can edit scripts with some other text editors, like ultraedit or notepad++)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:42 am 
Regular
Thanks for the reply. I like the internal editor because it can parse my silly syntax errors. 1-min vs 10-min? I don't think that's what's going on. With really large script, Win7, 64-bit, fast machine, I load the script in the editor and when I even move cursor, it takes minutes. Same script worked ok on a much older XP machine.

Is that a fixable problem. Another version coming down the pike? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:23 pm 
Site Admin
Ok, it must not be the autosave ; you can send me a sample script that's slow to edit ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:33 pm 
Veteran
Must say I have the same problem with for example domme/chores.groovy.
It's extremely slow. Have to wait 2 seconds after every single typo.
I use the internal editor only for debugging when there are running mistakes.
For writing I chanced to Notepad++.

Running a computer with windows7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:06 am 
Regular
Doesn't have to be that big a file. See attached. In Win7 go down near the end using the SexScripts editor and add a space. Task Manager runs up to 50% CPUs for a long time before it gives you back control of the cursor. This is on my machine a 64 bit machine running Win 7. Running this script works. The CPUs go to 50% while it's churning, but you can still edit. But if you simply add a space, the CPUs go to 100% on Sexscripts.exe and editing locks up for a while (>20+ seconds). I can't tell if the attachment went. I got a message saying 'The extension groovy is not allowed.'??

Attachments:
testbig.groovy.txt [16.43 KiB]
Downloaded 807 times

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:04 pm 
Site Admin
For now I have no idea of what's going on. I tested on a Win7sp1 machine, with 2Go RAM and Java 7 64bits : fast. It could be related to your Java version, your antivirus, etc.

I'll try to find more test platforms.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:15 am 
Regular
Glad to assist. I'm running Trend Micro. It's a very clean and new install of Win7 Pro, all software and everything else seems to work dandy. Indexing is turned on. The drive is nearly empty.

Ideas?

Cheers,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:51 am 
Regular
You got me thinking (smell the sawdust?).

I have a 64-bit machine running Win7-Pro 64 bit. I'm not sure what version of Java 7 I had. I went to Java site. It talked about your Browser version. I run both Mozilla and IE. Both are 32 bit versions. I went ahead and downloaded the 64-bit version of Java 7. Now both versions (32 and 64 bit are installed). I can't tell which (32 or 64) runs when I run SexScripts. Java doesn't appear in the Task manager. jusched.exe *32 is the only process from Java that appears. Sexscripts.exe *32 seems to appear as a 32-bit application. As soon as I add or delete a character in a long script, usage zooms to 50% and the editing hangs for ~1 min on the script I sent you, longer for a bigger script. All else is good with this machine. This is a weird problem. Suggestions?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:15 pm 
Site Admin
To know which Java version is used, on Windows 7 : open a terminal (example : [win]+r, cmd [ok]), then run java -version. It will show "64-Bit" or not.

Sexcript will always show as "Sexscripts.exe *32" on Windows.

I'll perhaps send you a special release with some options.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:15 am 
Regular
java version "1.7.0_51"
Java(TM) SE RunRuntime Environment (build 1.7.0_51-b13)
Java Hotspot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)

So I've got the 64-bit version.

Options would be great. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:19 am 
Regular
Doti:

I'm stuck (and totally bummed). I've tried everything. My new 64-bit, Win7 machine is much slower with SexScripts than an antique Pentium running XP. 64-bit Java seems installed and running right. I've played with permissions, running as administrator, turned the anti virus on/off, turned indexing on/off. No joy. I'd really like to shut that old machine down for good. I did see one other person had a similar issue. Sorry to be a whiner, but I am ready to bail. If you can suggest anything else I can try?

Thanks,

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:21 pm 
Site Admin
Here is a temporary release.

There a hidden options in it ; open (with notepad or something like that) data.properties, and add at the end
Code:
application.editor.assistlevel=15

There are 16 levels (0...15), please tell me which one are slow, and which one are fast (check at last 15, 8, 4, 2, 1, 0).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:24 am 
Regular
Here are the results. Seems like progress.

Cool! I feel like a big time programmer with binary and all those other things they taught in 5th grade but I seldom get to use. Here are results:

application.editor.assistlevel=0 Editing is fast. There are no syntax colors
application.editor.assistlevel=1 Editing is fast. There are no syntax colors
application.editor.assistlevel=2 Editing is slow. There are red, blue, green but not yellow syntax colors
application.editor.assistlevel=4 Editing is fast. Only the yellow syntax color shows
application.editor.assistlevel=8 Editing is fast. There are no syntax colors
application.editor.assistlevel=15 Editing is slow. There are red, blue, green and yellow syntax colors

The line: application.editor.assistlevel=# disappears after the editor is run. So bit #2 looks like the problem? What does that control? I like the syntax colors, but they aren't essential.

Thanks again for a nifty program.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:14 pm 
Site Admin
data.properties should be only reordered, the line not suppressed (perhaps add a line return at the end).

Here is another temporary JAR, with more details.
Please try
Code:
application.editor.assistlevel=7
application.editor.assistlevel=15
application.editor.assistlevel=23
application.editor.assistlevel=39

(I just need that u see if slow, average or fast, I'll do a official release after that)
When slow, it freezes during a few seconds ?

Attachments:
File comment: main jar
sexscripts.jar [217.24 KiB]
Downloaded 744 times