de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

New to SexScripts, old-time Cybermistress fan
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:13 am 
Veteran
I posted this at Milovana but since I'd love to see THIS forum become the place for SexScript discussions, I thought I'd post here too...

Firstly, it's GREAT to see someone else working on a replacement for the dear departed Cybermistress (seriously, what a sad waste of all that hard work by the dev and all who made content for it).

SexScript sounds like it has a LOT of potential... just a five minute test run made me very happy to see a similar-to-CM layout and interface! From what I read here and examining the program files, it seems like this could be even better than CM (a hard feat!).

I'm not sure if its meant to be a 'virtual dom' like CM was originally intended, but 90% of the great content for Cybermistress actually came from 'routines' anyway, which IMO is what most folks would use the program for anyway... if SexScript is designed to run similar 'routines' (like the example one), that will make it something I would be VERY happy to throw my full support behind it!

The only 'negative' for me personally is if it uses a new scripting language from Cybermistress. I have a lot of content scripted for CM that I would love to 'port' over to SexScript... but it took me a long time to master CM's language, and the thought of learning 'Groovy' makes me a little apprehensive, at least without detailed manual/language notes/tutorials (one of the main reasons CM Freya 'failed', IMO... the script languages changes not being well documented for previous scripters).

On the other hand, I would be happy to learn to program/write for SexScript if it meant an even more powerful and open program than CM was.

I think the best thing so far about SexScript, though, is the little note on the website:
"Alive for long : this tool and website are here to stay, full source code sended on demand."

Maybe not in perfect English (just teasin'! :P ) but the message is clear, and something that makes or breaks a project like this hoping to build a loyal following. Mind you, CM never said it was going anywhere until it shut down... :(

Making the source available is a HUGE step in confidence boosting, though... after what happened with CM I'm frankly very apprehensive about creating stuff for ANY program... what's to say it won't get randomly shut down/removed forever like CM as well? If the source is available, though, then at least that means if the creator does decide to stop work, someone else in the community can take up the mantle and keep things alive.

Anyone who knows my username knows I don't work fast (*blush*) but I'm willing to learn and will stand by my creations. I spent many years on what I did for CyberMistress and would love to make that work available to other people again, even if in a different format via SexScript.

Cheers,
Banjo

Profile Send private message 

Re: New to SexScripts, old-time Cybermistress fan
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:52 pm 
Site Admin
Well I just answered on Milovana ; anyway, editing the message there, adding here.

I chose groovy after analysis because of it support (It seems to become a de-facto standard for scripting from Java - Java being chose because of multiplatformism - hello karen). It may be even possible that it would be put in some other softwares also.
Anyway, well, it may be possible to make a tool to import cybermistress scripts to sexscript groovy langage. At least 1 file scripts. I'll look after it in the next days - stay tuned !

Quote:
Maybe not in perfect English (just teasin'! :P ) b

Please please correct me ! (at last on the main texts like in the first page).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:58 pm 
Veteran
Good to see you back here Banjo! It would be great to have Ashley back! (Even better further development of her…)

I totally agree with you. Having the same problem about learning something new (maybe it’s my age). But if more people do come here and if this site becomes more active I certainly will also give a try to come with a new routine in this language.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:21 am 
Veteran
admin wrote:
I chose groovy after analysis because of it support (It seems to become a de-facto standard for scripting from Java - Java being chose because of multiplatformism - hello karen).

Ah! So 'Groovy' is a more widespread language than just for SexScript? Cool. I will say that I got rather excited just looking at the page of 'scripting help' listing lots of language 'commands', aws I thought "wow, that's powerful stuff I wanted to do with Cybermistress!" for some of them. Though the language is clearly more "programmer-ish", it doesn't seem beyond my learning, given time (and some help and/or good documentation... that topic is a great start, though!).

admin wrote:
Anyway, well, it may be possible to make a tool to import cybermistress scripts to sexscript groovy langage. At least 1 file scripts. I'll look after it in the next days - stay tuned !

Importing would be super awesome... admittedly, my Ashley scripts are probably too complex (multi-file, etc.) for a 'one-click' type solution, but importers (like CM Freya started developing for Kala material) is also a great way to show you what commands replace what (even if the full 'conversion' doesn't create a perfectly working file), if you get what I mean.

admin wrote:
Please please correct me ! (at last on the main texts like in the first page).

No problem! I was just being silly, but since you asked...

If I were writing that section, I'd say something like:

banjo wrote:
After the demise of PCMistress and Cyber Mistress comes SexScript, a free program to create and run erotic scripts. With SexScript, YOU are in the center of the action!

Key Features:
Flexible Scripting: SexScript utilizes a simple but powerful scripting language, Groovy, that is easy to learn yet provides extensive possibilities. The ability to save data across 'sessions', as well as international language support is also included.

Community & Support: the SexScript website includes friendly forums for discussing the program and user-made content, as well as a database to share your script creations and download those uploaded by others.

Here to Stay: SexScript and this website are here to stay, and full source code for the program will be provided on request.

Better Alternative: SexScript aims to be a cleaner, easier to use and more open program than software like PCMistress or CyberMistress, and far more powerful than online alternatives like Milovana.

SexScript is THE software for scripting your fantasies!"

Hope that's okay... I just want this site (and program) to really take off and become popular!

martlb wrote:
Good to see you back here Banjo! It would be great to have Ashley back! (Even better further development of her…)

Heya Mart! Good to see ya here too! I'd love to port Ashley, but time will tell how much work that takes (as you know, just keeping her updated was hard with my busy schedule). I'm getting older too, so learning new things is harder for me as well! Funny to think how much younger I was when I first discovered CyberMistress, actually! :)

As an aside, to the dev(s) again... I think to get more people here, those of us who are 'regulars' on BDSM or tease or just 'sexual fantasy' boards need to get the word out about SexScript, even just to increase the bug-testers, etc. Maybe a site like Hongfire (Japanese game focused, but probably the biggest 'adult gaming' website I know) would also be worth visiting to gauge interest?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:07 pm 
Site Admin
I never heard about hongfire, but I visited http://www.hongfire.com/, there's an error, so waiting for now. But of course more people = more scripts !

Thnaks a lot for the intro, I put it only nearly without modification !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:12 am 
Newcomer
Sorry for the thread necro but I just wanted to say its cool to see you here Banjo. I just stumbled upon this site looking for a CM replacement. I still have to get started to learn the scripting but I would be happy to beta test Ashley or your other content for you again any time ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:05 am 
Shy
Hey I'm new here and don't know how to contact mods. For a bit a feedback you might want to put Sex scripts on mikandi. It's an appstore for these types of things and it will help the community grow.