de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Re: Scripting main documentation
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:01 pm 
Site Admin
Code:
a = 7

or
Code:
a = a + 2

or (like the usual third block of loops above) :
Code:
a++
a++

Profile Send private message 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:33 am 
Veteran
THANKYOU! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:39 pm 
Regular
Wow what a great thread. This is really helpful. Though we have to learn a new language, the possibilities unlocked by leaving behind the limited cm to a proper coding language leave me optimistic! Hard to get out of block mode and back to java/c mode. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:04 pm 
Veteran
Glad my endless questions are helping others too! I've actually made a 'cheat sheet' of code snippets out of the info Doti has helped with here and elsewhere; wonder if that would be helpful to others too (though I just made it for my own use).

What's extra cool about SexScripts is that you can even use a fake 'block' type CM emulation way of coding (see how the program 'converts' CM scripts) which works great for those who find it hard to get out of the old CM mindset of working (personally, I find it more natural to think in terms of 'blocks' than as one long code, purely because of how things are laid out/organized)... but you're right that SexScripts using a 'proper' language make things MUCH more powerful when you learn how to do it. So far I've come across one thing CM did better than SS, and about six or seven things SS does much better than CM! :)

The best thing for me is that it's making me actually learn a language that is useful outside of SS even. My big regret for CM was that I spent years learning how to write for/work with its unique language... and now it's gone forever, those years are pretty much wasted. Even if SS was wiped off the face of the planet tomorrow, I'd have learned a lot about Java playing with it!