de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Script Requests
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:57 am 
Regular
I was wondering if there is likely to be a board where members can request scripts with particular themes?

Some of us are not great programmers and, even though the language is easy, do not have the skills to properly code a script even if they have a great idea.

Others who are programmers may find that the pleasure of running a script they have designed is lost because they know the parameters and therefore get no surprises or sense of intensity when running the script.

Therefore, I think it is useful for both these situations to have somewhere to post requests that other programmers can pick up and try to work with, possibly in exchange for the person requesting doing one of their requests or proof reading/translating a script for them.

Any thoughts on this?

Profile Send private message 

Re: Script Requests
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:04 pm 
Site Admin
This is a very good idea.

I'll perhaps add a pledge system associated to this forum, but anyway it is possible to do this in that forum for now.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:26 am 
This indeed sounds like a great idea

W.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:06 am 
Regular
Glad to see people approve :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:39 pm 
Maybe this could be implemented soon-ish?

W.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:45 pm 
Site Admin
I can see those tasks that's included in one script :
- programming
- texts
- images, videos
- voices (sometimes, but it's a real task, in avoiding bad synthetic voices)
I'm sorry, but I wouldn't include "ideas" in those. Ideas are a dime a dozen (even enhanced ones). Feel free to post some in the forum, you'l get some credits for them.

I see some problems specific to here :
- people may be shy of making an offer or request about a specific theme
- requests and offers (I need a vocabulary check here) mays be quickly deprecated / not maintened

Here are 2 separate propositions ; please let me know if you think about another ways of accelerating collaboration :
1 - a special signature with "offers:" and "requests:" in it. When one or both are filled, the member will appear in priority in the "members" page. People will contact by Personnal Message.
2 - a special forum with a standardised way of posting, as an advert board ; people will answer below the subjects.

What do you think about it ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:13 am 
Regular
I don't think there was any mention of ideas or getting credit for ideas. The specific concept was for a board where people who had either:

- no talent for programming (like me)

or

- a desire to be surprised by a script (which is impossible if you write it yourself) and yet want a specific theme to work on which is not covered by any existing script.

You post your concept or idea in the forums somewhere (and a specific board for this would be nice) and someone might answer your ad and write a script that fits the concept. All credit would by rights belong to the programmer who did all the work (and they may give some credit for the idea but that is entirely up to them). The person with the idea gets the script they want rather than credit for it.

I'd also like to see it run with a little quid pro quo, i.e. in exchange for favours. Favours being based on what the other person can do. So, it could be that two programmers agree to do custom scripts for each other - a fair exchange of skills. Or someone who cannot program could offer to help proofread or test out other scripts for the programmer.

So, someone might post 'I would like a script involving X, Y and Z activities' and someone else will say 'I could do that, what can you offer me in exchange?'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:16 pm 
Site Admin
fetishdj wrote:
I don't think there was any mention of ideas or getting credit for ideas.

Yes, that sentence about ideas was not directed toward your message, it was just to make a distinction about what we were talking about.

As they are both corresponding, as I understand, to your last message, my 2 different technical propositions to facilitate that exchange still stand.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:26 pm 
Regular
Cool.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:32 pm 
Site Admin
Still waiting some comments about this

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:19 pm 
Shy
One thing I would note is even if you aren't a great programmer, you can contribute by improving the dialog/story of existing scripts.

One of the things I always have trouble with is writing good dialogue for my scripts. Since I like to play with my own scripts it feels too much like talking to myself :mrgreen:

And yes, more feedback from the community is always a good thing :)