de en es fr
Let the machine help
Light teasing, exhibition, BDSM, sissyfication, watersports... with sounds and pictures

Feature Request: alternate clothing and toy lists
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:41 am 
Veteran
Whilst we can now easily change the script used as "intro" by the program, we still can't change the clothing and toy lists from the default ones, instead needing to edit those files to add/remove items.

While that's fine for personal use, if I want to (for example) share an expanded toy list I made, posting it would force whoever downloaded and installed it to *overwrite* the original list. This is something that is not only a bad idea generally, but understandably looked poorly upon in SS's official documentation and guidelines for publishing scripts.

What I'd suggest is that, as now works with "intro" scripts, there be new lines added to "data.properties", something like:
Code:
application.toys=toys.groovy
application.mensclothes=mensclothes.groovy
application.womensclothes=womensclothes.groovy

... which are checked when the program loads or calls for the clothing/toy lists. If these lines don't exist or are invalid, the program uses the default files. Otherwise, it uses the .groovy files specified in data.properties for each clothing/toy list.

Would something like that difficult to implement, Doti?

Profile Send private message 

Re: Feature Request: alternate clothing and toy lists
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:16 am 
Veteran
I had been thinking along these lines too, especially with my SexCards script being more aimed at couples it would be nice to customise the toys with a few 2 person ones like strapons, double headed dildos etc. but I'm not sure we would want to have several versions of the toys setup script if you are switching between scripts?

However I think it would be great to have the current toys list expanded a bit for all the scripts to use but in the short term I'm thinking of doing something similar to what I do with fetishes in SexCards ( http://ss.deviatenow.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=491 ) where you will be prompted if you want to update your toys with an expanded list. The way they are stored will not interfere with the default list but it would be nice to agree on what we call some of the extras to save users having to renter values :-)

You can't take something off the Internet - it's like taking pee out of a pool.
https://play-clan.site profile: Liz

Profile Send private message